particular cache not showing up in PQ's on Garmin?

SimmyJellers

has anyone ever experienced a particular cache not showing up in PQ's on a Garmin? the specific cache is https://coord.info/GC4W7T1

it should show up in my home PQ. i even tried running 2 others, one of them being based on 500 caches around this particular code, GC4W7T1. It does show in in the PQ when i look at it online. it shows in the text file if i open the .gpx file up and search it. So, I know it is associated with the actual PQ, just not making it to my garmin. i have not found it, i have solved it and have corrected coordinates. other solved puzzles, as well as many other unsolved puzzles show up on my Garmin from the exact same PQ. it has me stumped. i did an internet search with all key words i could think of and only found info on how to run a PQ, etc...

thanks in advance if anyone has any insight. 

It is close to home, yes, but I also ran a PQ centering on this particular puzzle. I did try clearing out all .gpx files and redownloading, no luck.

I definitely do not have it ignored, I just double checked. I found it today, so it is really a non-issue now. I am just perplexed at what could have happened. With it being inside the .gpx file when I view it in a text viewer, but not making it to the list of caches on my Garmin. Oh well.

• Upvote 1
On 9/19/2020 at 6:39 PM, SimmyJellers said:

i have solved it and have corrected coordinates.

I sent a PQ to my Oregon 750, and the cache shows up, but I didn't enter corrected coordinates.  I did a very rough solve of that puzzle, and got a point well within the expected 2-mile radius of the original icon.  You found it so it must be right, and not a typo where the coords are 100 miles off.

What model of GPS do you have?  On my 750, I used to find some filters set, when I didn't know I had any set.  And filters that cause caches to not display are not all on the same screen.

Edited by kunarion
20 hours ago, kunarion said:

What model of GPS do you have?  On my 750, I used to find some filters set, when I didn't know I had any set.  And filters that cause caches to not display are not all on the same screen.

I find the filters on the Oregon/Montana not as intuitive as they should/could be.... and have been fooled by them in the past, on more than a couple of occasions. In fact I rarely use them now, as I'm never *completely* sure they are off once I'm finished!

2 hours ago, lee737 said:

I find the filters on the Oregon/Montana not as intuitive as they should/could be.... and have been fooled by them in the past, on more than a couple of occasions. In fact I rarely use them now, as I'm never *completely* sure they are off once I'm finished!

My 750 will change something at random to surprise me.  Today it unlocked the "small fields" dashboard, changed it to Large Field and selected the odometer, then locked the fields again.  So I turned it on and saw a large number that was the total distance I had walked so far today, instead of the distance to the cache.  Tricky!

Anyway, I've also seen filters become changed by magic.  Not lately.  But when that happened, it made caches vanish.  First I had to notice that something was up, and then I had to figure out where those caches went.  This GPS is so naughty!

Possibly a corrupt PQ. If you have more than one PQ loaded on your Garmin, one could be interfering with the other. I spot-check to see whether caches from each PQ are showing up, after having some caches mysteriously not be vsible on my GPS.

I am glad that you found this cache, so the problem is not as pressing.