Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wayfrog

Shop24 Machines

We have only 11 waymarks in the Shop24 Machines category. Should we expand the category in some way? Please give me some ideas and feedback. Thanks.

9 hours ago, wayfrog said:

We have only 11 waymarks in the Shop24 Machines category. Should we expand the category in some way? Please give me some ideas and feedback. Thanks.

Giant vending machines? 😁

Screenshot_20200919-100449.png

Edited by Max and 99

We could expand to any kind of 24h machines where you can by pizzas, bread, vegetables.

We should exclude coffee, soda and sweets

A good idea is to read all submissions declined

I knew some great large vending machines, some over 10 meters wide with over 500 articles and a complicated moving box system to fetch the articles behind the window. But they were a thing of the 1980s, I haven't seen any of them in the last 30 years. And the standard soft drink and snack vending machines in the size of a phone booth (remember them?) are ubiquitous here. Just our main railway station has about 30 of them. So, of course, size could be one of the requirements. But when is giant?

Some other larger, although maybe not giant, vending machines are becoming more and more prevalent here, the ones at farms where they directly sell their products, sometimes in large quantities. They are not so interesting anymore in my opinion.

And I have seen a couple of unusual, but small vending machines in the past, that are somewhat interesting. E.g. bicycle tubes and repair kits, fuses and lightbulbs in front of  a do-it-yourself and sports shop.

I personally don't really have a clear opinion on this category, it is not in my focus and probably will never be. Just some ideas to share.

Automated convenience store: any vending machine that has at least such-and-such number of products available on site.  Perhaps the minimum number of products would be between 100 and 200 different items.

I kinda like the Carvana idea. I may never see one in person, so seeing WMs of some would have to do.

It just occurred to me that I sound like the short sighted person who suggested, well over 100 years ago, that the patent office be closed because "Everything of value has already been invented." For all we know, in 5 years there could be a Carvana style vending machine in every town and village on the face of the earth, all vending various electric vehicles.

Keith

I can't understand this category, one reviewer didn't submit me there because said that isn't 24h machine.

IMG_20200929_171211.jpg

IMG_20200929_170008.jpg

1 hour ago, Ariberna said:

I can't understand this category, one reviewer didn't submit me there because said that isn't 24h machine.

This thread was about expanding the category. This has not happened yet, if ever.

Your pictures do not show a Shop24 machine, just a herd (pack?, swarm?) of normal everyday vending machines.

So this location does not qualify for the category as it is now, and  I doubt it would qualify for a potential expanded version in the future.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Ariberna said:

This may be a translation issue.

If I understand correctly, 24 hour machines are not the same as Shop24 machines.

Then I can't understand this category, because in Spain there are places in where are this machines 24 h (the letter put Para e pilla and 24 h)

Shop24 was the name of a brand. A registered trademark of a company that installed these machines.

Apparently, that company does not exist anymore, so the category needs a change, the sooner, the better. But as of now, just 24 hours access is not enough.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Ariberna said:

Then I can't understand this category, because in Spain there are places in where are this machines 24 h (the letter put Para e pilla and 24 h)

Where's razalas when we need him??

Ok, thanks Scroogiell. I understand that is other cathegory that is extint or for a concret place, similar to dartmoor granite or others only for USA (Carnegie libraries, libraries,) etc

We may be update us...

I think that this category could be shops of 24h and place of machines 24h. Is my idea.

Places with more of 100 products, one machinbe of can or coffe, no.

6 minutes ago, Ariberna said:

I think that this category could be shops of 24h and place of machines 24h. Is my idea.

Places with more of 100 products, one machinbe of can or coffe, no.

I'm not opposed to expanding the category. But what you describe seems like an over prevalent thing where I live. 

May be, but here is prevalent on university cities.

Prevalent there are a lot of cathegories: places for recycling, churches...

I just read of a vending machine at a flower shop where you could get flowers during non normal hours. I don't think this would apply to the category however.

On 10/17/2020 at 9:03 PM, ScroogieII said:

Where's razalas when we need him??

Why would you need Razalas in this context? Just asking.....

Now I am also confused... I am totally and hopeless lost. What is this category about and what is the criteria for approval? I thought it was about the concept of an automated shop available 24 hours a day. As I read this topic and went to have a better look. It seemed it was about a specific chain after all. But then, the last approved WM doesn't look like connected to such chain.