Am I missing something?

Gill & Tony

3 minutes ago, Gill & Tony said:

When I go the the cache page for a cache with child waypoints, the children show on the small map.  However, when I click the "View larger map" link, the children don't show on the larger map.  Is there any way to get them to show there?

Thanks

Tony

If all the child waypoints showed on the larger map how would you differentiate the child waypoints for different multi-caches? I'm probably not thinking this through but that's the first thing that comes to mind. 

8 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

If all the child waypoints showed on the larger map how would you differentiate the child waypoints for different multi-caches? I'm probably not thinking this through but that's the first thing that comes to mind. 

When you click on View Larger Map, the map only shows the cache in question. This was raised back when the new search map was introduced but nothing came of it.

21 minutes ago, barefootjeff said:

When you click on View Larger Map, the map only shows the cache in question. This was raised back when the new search map was introduced but nothing came of it.

When I'm on a geocache page then click on view larger map, it shows all the nearby caches. What am I missing?

Edit: I think this is another one of those glitchy things. The two smileys showing on the screenshot are in the exact same location no matter how much I zoom in or out on the map. I've attached screenshots before showing that. No clue why they are on the larger map from a geocache page. 

Screenshot_20200916-210809.png

Edited by Max and 99
6 minutes ago, Gill & Tony said:

When I click the view Larger map it only shows the one cache (with no child waypoints).  I have to click "Browse geocaches" to see the others.

It's not consistent. Sometimes it shows just the one cache, sometimes it shows all the surrounding caches and other times it shows just a few of the surrounding caches.

Edited by barefootjeff
1 hour ago, Gill & Tony said:

When I go the the cache page for a cache with child waypoints, the children show on the small map.  However, when I click the "View larger map" link, the children don't show on the larger map.  Is there any way to get them to show there?

Thanks

Tony

No....

It's crazy, I think I posted a feature request a couple of years ago for this. It is especially bad when you are preparing for a long bushwalk, the tiny postage stamp map they give you is ludicrous and basically unusable. The one I've attached shows just how useless it is planning a hike. I've had to manually import the WPs into Google Earth to get a good look at the trail/terrain. Even the map on my GPS is better....

Screenshot 2020-09-17 at 13.12.22.png

• Upvote 1

Max & 99 - you are using the full website on your phone browser, if I am seeing your screenshot correctly and reading your posts - I had assumed (and we all know what that leads to!) you were on a computer when you said "View larger map", as I only see that on the website, which I normally see on my computer.  I use the app on my phone, and if I want to use the website I use my laptop - it's just way too small and clunky on thephone for me.

Anyway, when you  click on "View larger map" - computer or phone broswer, it opens to the Search map, and I've always seen it open with only the one cache showing (the cache page you clicked to the map from).  The filter is set to show that one cache.  If you click the X to remove the cache from the filter box, move the map slightly, then you can "Search this area" and all the caches will show up.  If you hover you r mouse over the box with the GC code, and X will appear that you can click that will remove the GC code and remove the filter.  how this would work on a phone, I'm not sure - I've not tried using the maps on the website on the phone.

image.png.236eeb9afe2b143f52c04c9638a8b67e.png

13 minutes ago, CAVinoGal said:

Anyway, when you  click on "View larger map" - computer or phone broswer, it opens to the Search map, and I've always seen it open with only the one cache showing (the cache page you clicked to the map from).  The filter is set to show that one cache.

Sometimes, but not always. When I clicked on View Larger Map on my new cache that was published this morning, I see one other cache nearby but not another one.

LargerMap.thumb.jpg.dc45f216562aaab4265fb5ff725ab99e.jpg

2 minutes ago, barefootjeff said:

Sometimes, but not always. When I clicked on View Larger Map on my new cache that was published this morning, I see one other cache nearby but not another one.

And this may be due to the fact that I rarely use the Search map - so my experience with it is admittedly, limited.  I much prefer the Browse map and use that almost always.

• Upvote 3
1 minute ago, CAVinoGal said:

And this may be due to the fact that I rarely use the Search map - so my experience with it is admittedly, limited.  I much prefer the Browse map and use that almost always.

Yes, me too. About the only time I use the search map is when I'm preparing a screen shot to respond to something on the forums :P.

• Upvote 2
  • Funny 1