Search this area has no distance limits BUG?

geo K

On the Geocaching Adventures Screen and tapping the Search this area button,

My android gets a never ending Grey display on top of the local map saying "Searching Adventures".

It has a turning  circle  on it, indicating that it is still running.

Tapping the Directory menu [upper right] there are 50 adventures listed. Some are completed some are not started.

The never ending grey display is on this screen as well.

The app was working, but I looked at other areas eg Hawaii and Sydney, Australia. Some adventures from these areas

are  listed in my directory.

I agree you need a limit on how many adventures to store, but the searching should only be on the local area.

There should be perhaps a 50 mile search limit  of the local area on the map.

I have adventures in the directory that are upto 9,000+ miles distance from my local area.

This never ending  problem may be preventing me from signing out of the app.

1 hour ago, geo K said:

On the Geocaching Adventures Screen and tapping the Search this area button,

My android gets a never ending Grey display on top of the local map saying "Searching Adventures".

It has a turning  circle  on it, indicating that it is still running.

Tapping the Directory menu [upper right] there are 50 adventures listed. Some are completed some are not started.

The never ending grey display is on this screen as well.

The app was working, but I looked at other areas eg Hawaii and Sydney, Australia. Some adventures from these areas

are  listed in my directory.

I agree you need a limit on how many adventures to store, but the searching should only be on the local area.

There should be perhaps a 50 mile search limit  of the local area on the map.

I have adventures in the directory that are upto 9,000+ miles distance from my local area.

This never ending  problem may be preventing me from signing out of the app.

I'm so sorry but I'm having a terrible time understanding this. When I search an area and then go to the directory it only shows all the caches near me. I think I am totally missing something you're saying.

What I'm saying is that I read a few complainers about saturation. This took me to scan Hawaii and Sydney, Australia as a local area. Then I come back to my local area. Now what used to take less than a minute to scan the Chicagoland area I am getting these never ending scans. They fill up the directory listing to tht same 50 adventures and the scan continues. It's never ending. Hope that helps. If not I'll be here for a while.

27 minutes ago, geo K said:

What I'm saying is that I read a few complainers about saturation. This took me to scan Hawaii and Sydney, Australia as a local area. Then I come back to my local area. Now what used to take less than a minute to scan the Chicagoland area I am getting these never ending scans. They fill up the directory listing to tht same 50 adventures and the scan continues. It's never ending. Hope that helps. If not I'll be here for a while.

That helps! After following your steps, my experience is that it takes less than a second for the results to be shown on the map for my area, but the list goes on forever! I stopped looking after 700 miles. Never ending seems like the correct description!