Epoxy Camo Discovery

TheLimeCat

Maybe this is already a well-known camo technique, but I thought it might interest cache creators. I was working with some grey anchor epoxy and a glob of excess material dropped into the loose soil at my feet. I found the dried patty later in the day and turned it over to discover that it had picked up the material pretty evenly and was now convincingly camouflaged with the surrounding earth. I noticed that the material seemed pretty well packed into the patty. That said, coating a container of some sort with this material and allowing it to sit in soil, mossy dirt, or some other material might make for convincing camouflage in the field. 

20200911_125728.jpg

20200911_125718.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 3

For one of my hides, I started by painting the container with a spray paint designed for plastic surfaces. The color was an approximate match for the sand and gravel at the site. Then I smeared epoxy over the container, rolled it in gravel, and rolled it in sand. The sand and gravel were a very close match to the sand and gravel at the site. The result was very effective. Unfortunately, I had to change the hide when construction changed the location.