NEW MISSION for MY FAVORITE HOLIDAY---HALLOWEEN!!!

GeoCharmer81

On 10/21/2020 at 3:12 PM, kini_ont said:
EMAIL SENT: Sept. 14/20
NAME RECEIVED: Sept. 23/20
MISSION SENT: Oct. 13/20
MISSION ARRIVED: Oct. 20/20 (What took only 7 days I knew I should have waited to send it :ph34r: )
MISSION RECEIVED: I do believe I've received my mission, a unsuspecting letter arrived today from Ohio and I didn't order anything from Ohio unless Amazon is sending letters lately.

Am witch.jpg

• Love 1
On 10/1/2020 at 8:09 PM, lufi69 said:

"mission complete" :D

EMAIL SENT 09/20/2020
NAME RECEIVED: 09/24/2020
MISSION SENT: 10/01/2020 
MISSION ARRIVED: 19/10/2020 
MISSION RECEIVED: 16/10/2020 - Shipped from USA. Thank you so much. We will open it on Halloween nigth. 

• Love 1
EMAIL SENT:  09/13/20
NAME RECEIVED: 09/24/20
MISSION SENT:  10/26/20
MISSION ARRIVED:
MISSION RECEIVED:  Sometime in the last three weeks, but we were out of town, so I just got the mail today.  Amazing mission gifts!!  I will post pics tomorrow.
Edited by steben6
  • Love 1

Haven't sent or didn't update Forum. Please let me know if this isn't correct:

cachingbookworm

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haven't received or didn't update Forum, yet.  I'm waiting till the person updates that they received their Mission to take their name off the list. Please let me know if this isn't correct:

Bryon

cobraleader312---M2

cobraleader312---M3

Looks like the Witches have their brooms fired up and are delivering those Missions!!!

On 10/27/2020 at 12:37 AM, GeoCharmer81 said:

I put a spell on the Witches' brooms to fly all the Missions to the destinations before Halloween!!!:lol:

Your spell seems to be working. Only a few left.

Here in Canada we don't have postal service on Saturday but I think you do in the US?

• Love 1
MISSION COMPLETE!

EMAIL SENT:  09/13/20
NAME RECEIVED: 09/24/20
MISSION SENT:  10/26/20
MISSION ARRIVED:  10/29/20  (per USPS delivered today at 2:51 p.m. PST)
MISSION RECEIVED:  Sometime in the last three weeks, but we were out of town, so I just got the mail today.  Amazing mission gifts!!  I will post pics tomorrow.
  • Love 1

The Great Pumpkin (ok, it was me!) proclaimed "Today be the day! No more waiting!" and we opened our missions - thanks Cobraleader312 and our illustrious leader GeoCharmer81 for the most excellent packages! Lil Liveanimals' school mascot is the hedgehog and she loved both coins - Mrs Liveanimals' maiden name is Lackey and I have a few of the annual coins but held off a few years (including 2018!) so that was a fortuitous gift. 

1416116378_LiveanimalsMission.thumb.jpg.fefeee10ed3c1062490ced25ceb7140b.jpg

1876694481_LilLiveanimalsMission.thumb.jpg.cdd0d7cd46f99b2c15fad30c7119521d.jpg

• Love 2

Bethie_Biker and I will join Laval K-9 (in spirit, pun intended) in opening the Missions tomorrow and posting pictures of the goodies! Today was the local substitute for Halloween: a drive-through that featured 6 foot long tubes with candy slid into cars. It didn't go off well, and Face Book recorded that parents were angry over children that got disappointed.

That made me remember what Halloween was like for me as a child in New England: a crisp fall night filled with shrieking, laughing, running kids - ganging up to doors to yell, 'Trick or Treat!' Goblins and witches and Barbies (oh! the scary Barbies!!!) rampant on the streets. Not this year, or most any year, anymore, for the kids of today.

But here in the Missions we have a Geocaching Halloween. A remembrance and sharing where adults can be a bit of the child they once were again. And I'm thankful.

Poem - Was It Halloween.jpg

26bf767de6c8305ecfd2a1c8a1433ce6.jpg

• Love 3

image.gif.ea5b5f7c3be7c7b62e0b7aa5d6d24968.gif

Unless I've made a mistake, the Good Witches have delivered all the Missions!!!

Thanks to all who joined the Mission. Please let me know if you didn't get yours.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO EVERYONE!!!

image.jpeg

Edited by GeoCharmer81
tried to delete the one with the sandals and couldn't remove it
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, liveanimals said:

The Great Pumpkin (ok, it was me!) proclaimed "Today be the day! No more waiting!" and we opened our missions - thanks Cobraleader312 and our illustrious leader GeoCharmer81 for the most excellent packages! Lil Liveanimals' school mascot is the hedgehog and she loved both coins - Mrs Liveanimals' maiden name is Lackey and I have a few of the annual coins but held off a few years (including 2018!) so that was a fortuitous gift. 

1416116378_LiveanimalsMission.thumb.jpg.fefeee10ed3c1062490ced25ceb7140b.jpg

1876694481_LilLiveanimalsMission.thumb.jpg.cdd0d7cd46f99b2c15fad30c7119521d.jpg

You're so welcome---I'm happy to hear Lil Liveanimals liked the Coins!!! It's awesome that her school mascot is a hedgehog and would love to see a pic. I have three live ones who are trackable.

• Love 1

Happy Halloween everyone!  So excited to open, after the envelope sitting above the tv staring at me for days.  Thanks Claire!  Love the coin, tag, pathtags and stickers!  The chocolate was delicious as well.  Yeah, its only 615am, but its never to early for chocolate.....right?!?!?!!!!

Ray's Mission
EMAIL SENT: 9/20/2020
NAME RECEIVED: 9/24/2020
MISSION SENT: 10/3/2020
MISSION ARRIVED:  10/5/2020
MISSION RECEIVED: 10/5/2020

20201005_163241.jpg

Edited by qqnonrev
  • Love 2

Happy Halloween.  Yeah we couldn't wait.  So opened mine as well.  Thanks Alex!  What a great coin and tag to celebrate with.  And loved the homemade card!  You rock!

Melissa's Mission
EMAIL SENT: 9/20/2020
NAME RECEIVED: 9/24/2020
MISSION SENT: 10/3/2020
MISSION ARRIVED: 10/8/2020 
MISSION RECEIVED: 10/9/2020

20201009_151308.jpg

• Love 2

(BWOO- HA-HA-HAAAAAAA!) 

Happy Hallowee!

The Great Pumpkin nodded to us that we could open our Missions - and we are both so happy  with what the Pumpkin's helpers have sent us! Many thanks to Phoebe and Team Bear-Cat from me and Bethie_Biker, we both absolutely love our surprises! Many thanks to 'The Good Witches' for making all deliveries (at least as known) on time. Thanks to all who posted for making Beth's and my experience so enjoyable.

And last, but not least, a huge Thank You to GeoCharmer81 without whom this could not have happened. I have an idea of just how much work a Mission Controller does - it is appreciated !

A note: The Geocaching Podcast, next Wednesday (November4, 2020) at 8:30 Central Standard Time on YouTube, Facebook and other podcast venues, will be having their LIVE show all about Coin Exchange Missions - and 'The Good Witches' have cackled to me that we all might recognize their Guest as someone who runs Missions...???  So if you can, be sure to tune in!

And now, our Mission Goodies !! ?

JimRKY 2020 Mission lo-res.jpg

Bethie_Biker 2020 Mission lo-res.jpg

vintage-halloween-witch-broomstick-boy-girl-postcard1.jpg

• Love 3

I was super busy yesterday and had taken my mail inside without looking at it.

When I finally sat down, there was a second package from my Great Pumpkin kini_ont.

Ted, thank you sooo much for all the awesome gifts...I love all of them!!!

I will add some pics within the net day or so.

I'm also loving seeing pics of all the other Missions!!!

I opened my package today and discovered a lot of neat stuff.

Even though we have Toffifee here in Canada I never tasted them before so I finally did, they are delicious. I have to go out in a few minutes and I'll be wearing the gloves, we're expecting a few snowflkes tonight so they are more than welcome.

I love the very cool Golden Lion Tamarin geocoin.

Thanks Jane aka caydensmum, I love everything!!! :wub:

Thanks to GeoCharmer81 for hosting this scary mission!!! :antenna:

DSC08506_1.jpg

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Laval K-9 said:

I opened my package today and discovered a lot of neat stuff.

Even though we have Toffifee here in Canada I never tasted them before so I finally did, they are delicious. I have to go out in a few minutes and I'll be wearing the gloves, we're expecting a few snowflkes tonight so they are more than welcome.

I love the very cool Golden Lion Tamarin geocoin.

Thanks Jane aka caydensmum, I love everything!!! :wub:

Thanks to GeoCharmer81 for hosting this scary mission!!! :antenna:

DSC08506_1.jpg

So glad everything arrived in one piece. I'm glad you like everything. Your photo looks so cool, love the pumpkins.