Map tile failure - website & app

Team DEMP

See attached. This is occurring on my laptop as well as the geocaching app on my iphone for the past hour or so since I was using the site/app. I can switch to other maps and they load fine. This also is occurring on the large search map and not just the cache detail pages. I included the network tab from developer tools to show failure in loading. 

Multiple browsers, multiple devices, and multiple networks (wifi FIOS & cellular).

Screen Shot 2020-09-13 at 7.59.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-13 at 8.03.03 AM.png

Edited by Team DEMP
42 minutes ago, 2Abendsegler said:

This problem does not seem to be on the part of GS. The accessibility of OpenStreetMap seems to be problematic here. ;)

Pretty sure you are wrong. ;)

First, you can see from my screenshot that the domain being referenced in the failures was maptilesxx.geocaching.com which is a cname to maptiles.geocaching.com and IP address 63.251.163.204 . That's the same subnet as www.geocaching.com. It doesn't mean they couldn't proxy the requests, but see the next point. 

Second, GC generates its own map tiles and that has been reported here for years. I think it has improved, but GC maps were previously 6 months to 1+ years behind on the generated GC map tiles vs updates made on Open Street Maps. 

• Helpful 1