Jacksonville, Fl....Anyone

Smokehouse

I know you're here because of all of the caches. I know there is no way to search for members by location so I figured I would ss who was here. I have just started here myself and didn't know if there was any organization. I see one in Ga that is fairly active and see that some are popping up in Fl.

46113_400.jpg

The KGB

guy.gif

Hi KGB! I'm from Jacksonville - congratulations on your first two finds (and I'll work on getting "booty nuggets" into my cache-speech. icon_smile.gif) The Florida Geocachers Association is about to get started - the first meeting for the north region (which includes Jacksonville) is going to be on April 27. A group from south Florida is getting everything together for the state at the moment. For the time being, about the only teams/groups in the area seem to be couples/families (myself and meadowmuffin, Amaranth and Paul, BrownMule and Jackrabbit, etc.) Feel free to e-mail me with any questions you may have though.

Hi KGB! I'm from Jacksonville - congratulations on your first two finds (and I'll work on getting "booty nuggets" into my cache-speech. icon_smile.gif) The Florida Geocachers Association is about to get started - the first meeting for the north region (which includes Jacksonville) is going to be on April 27. A group from south Florida is getting everything together for the state at the moment. For the time being, about the only teams/groups in the area seem to be couples/families (myself and meadowmuffin, Amaranth and Paul, BrownMule and Jackrabbit, etc.) Feel free to e-mail me with any questions you may have though.

Hi, KGB.

See this post in the General forum

http://opentopic.Groundspeak.com/0/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1750973553&f=3000917383&m=5790912804

There have been other past discussions re Geocaching in Fla, such as these:

http://opentopic.Groundspeak.com/0/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1750973553&f=3000977683&m=5180977683

and

http://opentopic.Groundspeak.com/0/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1750973553&f=3000977683&m=7060977683

and

http://opentopic.Groundspeak.com/0/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1750973553&f=3000977683&m=7370977683

and visit the Georgia group at the URL shown below.

{BD}

=================================

Interested in Geocaching in the state of Georgia? Visit the Georgia Geocachers Association at http://www.ggaonline.org

Thanks for coming out to find my cache. The mosquitoes were horrible when we hid it - I've never seen that many of that size; perhaps they've died down some (wait till this summer though. icon_biggrin.gif) I need to get out there and check up on it - be a responsible cache owner.

Thanks for coming out to find my cache. The mosquitoes were horrible when we hid it - I've never seen that many of that size; perhaps they've died down some (wait till this summer though. icon_biggrin.gif) I need to get out there and check up on it - be a responsible cache owner.

quote:
Originally posted by GatoRx:

Thanks for coming out to find my cache. The mosquitoes were horrible when we hid it - I've never seen that many of that size; perhaps

You got that right... My Stone Garden cache is like home of those kamikaze blood suckers. Stand still for just nano secs and you become fair game! The others cache I've got you can stand still little longer but not encourage. icon_razz.gif

[This message was edited by Zephyrus on March 30, 2002 at 08:20 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by GatoRx:

Thanks for coming out to find my cache. The mosquitoes were horrible when we hid it - I've never seen that many of that size; perhaps

You got that right... My Stone Garden cache is like home of those kamikaze blood suckers. Stand still for just nano secs and you become fair game! The others cache I've got you can stand still little longer but not encourage. icon_razz.gif

[This message was edited by Zephyrus on March 30, 2002 at 08:20 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by smeatloaf:

hi

i just wanted to reply to this post i am just getting statred with geocaching trying to buy my first gps unit i am from palatka just southof jax. i hope to get to the organizational meeting on the 27th. you can contact me at smeatloaf@msn.com

Hi smeatloaf, and welcome to the addiction. Let us know if you have any questions about caching in general, or in the area.