[design flaw] Safari iOS: accepting cookies banner far too small

terratin

Across all websites (geocaching, Wherigo, Waymarking) the button to accept cookies that pops up after every new request to login is so tiny that it's impossible to accept the cookies at first attempt. Also, it's not possible to zoom in on this banner as remains tiny. Could this be changed?

37 minutes ago, terratin said:

Across all websites (geocaching, Wherigo, Waymarking) the button to accept cookies that pops up after every new request to login is so tiny that it's impossible to accept the cookies at first attempt. Also, it's not possible to zoom in on this banner as remains tiny. Could this be changed?

I do not experience this issue.  My only complaint is that it's too frequent.  

• Upvote 1

This sounds like a flaw in the cookiebot.com code.  If you can block scripts from that domain (via a plugin that depends on your browser, not sure what's available on Safari), the prompts should go away, whatever size they might be..

Given that script is a Seattle response to a California law, and I gather you live in neither of those places, this sudden "lack of functionality" shouldn't be a problem at all for you.  :lol:

Edited by Viajero Perdido

Cookie consent and control is not just a "California thing" due to the CCPA.  It is also an "EU thing" due to the GDPR.  (See, specifically, Recital 30.)

Privacy experts were expecting 2020 to be the year of privacy legislation, copycatting these two laws.  Instead, legislatures worldwide were diverted to other issues!

8 hours ago, Keystone said:

Cookie consent and control is not just a "California thing" due to the CCPA.  It is also an "EU thing" due to the GDPR.  (See, specifically, Recital 30.)

Privacy experts were expecting 2020 to be the year of privacy legislation, copycatting these two laws.  Instead, legislatures worldwide were diverted to other issues!

Exactly.

The annoyance is that it pops up a lot. And that the button is not scalable (it remains tiny and moves out of the screen when I zoom in), and thus it's a proper wee nightmare to try and hit this button ever so often.