Statue Of Liberty

Uncle_Jed

Greetings, I live in California and located very close to me is a replica of the Statue of Liberty. I am going to create a Geocache at that location. I also will be sending out a miniature Statue of Liberty with a trackable tag. Ultimately, I would like to have the trackable’s destination be the Statue of Liberty National Monument in New York. I do not see any current geocache located on the island. Would anyone be willing to create a cache on the island so I could send my trackable there? Once there it could then travel back to the starting point here in California. The trackable I have in mind (Statue of Liberty Keychain) is aprox. 3.5" x 1".  I could find something smaller to fit in a smaller cache if needed. Thank you all for any help you could provide. Cheers,  Uncle_Jed

Liberty.jpg

Since the Statue of Liberty is managed by the National Park Service, obtaining formal permission is a significant obstacle.  That is likely why there are no caches on Liberty Island - not even an Earthcache or Virtual.  More than a dozen geocachers have attempted to place a cache on Liberty Island, but none were successful.

• Helpful 1