So how difficult is it?

terratin

I've done a Wherigo recently that I really liked and would like to do something similar. The premise is to bring three things, one at a time into another zone in the right order. If you mess up you have to start again. I've never looked at Wherigo builders and my programming skills are somewhat rudimentary (a bit of python mainly). How difficult would such thing be, and which builder should I be looking into?

If you can think logically about something, your greatest hurdle is already overcome.  All that's left is to figure out how to use the tools you have to write it.

Without trying to be fancy, you could make a command called "Drop".  When "Drop" occurs, check that the player in the required zone, then see if the zone contains the prerequisite item.  If not, redistribute all items to their original positions and show a message to the user.  If so, put the item in the zone and show a message to the user.  If that's the last item, you can continue with the success action.  There isn't a need to test to see if the zone contains all prerequisite items, just the preceding one.

If you're fine with looking at code, my Fox, Chicken, and Feed cartridge is open source.  Since you're at least familiar with code, that might be where to start.  I made that cartridge initially as an example for how to do something close to what you're asking about.  (Later, I put out a cache because someone wanted to have an event in a certain park and wanted a cartridge to be present.)

(When I referred to not being fancy, I was thinking about the way the Konami Code was implemented in the Contra game.  There's a YouTube video about that.  It was done in a very small number of lines.  Very interesting.)

Hi Ranger Fox, thanks a lot. I was actually looking for exactly what your cartridge is about to be honest. I just didn't want to get too much into detail at first. I'd looked into the open source list of codes but didn't find anything similar there. Oh well... maybe I missed it there. I'll certainly have a look at the code and see if I can use it. At least there are lots of bridges near my home where I could chase people over repeatedly :tongue: