TB stocktake....

lee737

After a newish TB of ours finally moved, a year after we placed it in a pretty safe cache, I decided to do a stocktake of our teams released TBs over the past 5 years.

Total released - 46

Still moving - 21 (11 in past 3 months, 10 in past 12 months)

The other 25 are marked missing after being reported missing, or are in the hands of inactive newbies for >12 months.....

What are your numbers like?

I've recently bought my first four, none yet released.

My plan is to etch some bits of aluminium with all the details including the TB code, and add a little something as a hitch hiker. Launch those but keep hold of the original TB's. Try and give them a bit of longevity if they're less attractive to "collectors" and kids. Currently haven't released them (or logged them anywhere) as I'm waiting for some tools to arrive which I ordered to do the etching. Can't wait to release them! I have hopes of buying more, maybe next year. If I can squeeze a few dollars out of my tight budget.

• Upvote 1

I sent out two high-end TBs, now long gone, working miniature fishing reel, and a solid miniature of a v-twin motor.

The other 2/3rds sent out around a dozen coins, all long gone too.

- It didn't take us long to figure that's a losing side-hobby, especially when you're talking coins.     

Two promotion Trackables went missing shortly after they were placed.

Another two promotion Trackables are supposedly still sitting in the caches I first placed them in, one a year ago, the other two...

The other 2/3rds now has TBs, and 280 coins activated in her collection, and around another 200 unactivated.  

I now have "our" sig coins, so have over 300 unactivated ... a lotta sets (the AT n stuff...), and around 200 sig coins.

I've been placing sig coins in caches, as an incentive to get folks to walk, or hand a newb one at an event.

- I'd rather give them away, than find some maggot stole them...