Email notification no longer opening the app - opening web instead

SamLowrey

Nothing changed as far as the way I use my email.  Gmail using the web browser.  I actually thought it was pretty clever that this worked in the first place but now it seems not to be.  It wants to open the cache page via the web rather than the app.  I think this started happening in the last week or so.  I don't see any settings that would be relevant.

3 minutes ago, SamLowrey said:

Nothing changed as far as the way I use my email.  Gmail using the web browser.  I actually thought it was pretty clever that this worked in the first place but now it seems not to be.  It wants to open the cache page via the web rather than the app.  I think this started happening in the last week or so.  I don't see any settings that would be relevant.

I just tried this in my Android and it allowed me to open on my app. Any chance you selected "always open in the browser"?  That sometimes happens.

36 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

I just tried this in my Android and it allowed me to open on my app. Any chance you selected "always open in the browser"?  That sometimes happens.

I picture that sort of option as being the cause but I don't remember choosing that or how to reset it.  If I was on a PC they have something like "default applications" where such changes could be made.  I don't know about it on an iPhone.  I'd be tempted to uninstall and reinstall the app but it may retain that setting anyway.

6 minutes ago, SamLowrey said:

I picture that sort of option as being the cause but I don't remember choosing that or how to reset it.  If I was on a PC they have something like "default applications" where such changes could be made.  I don't know about it on an iPhone.  I'd be tempted to uninstall and reinstall the app but it may retain that setting anyway.

When you click on the name of the geocache when you get an email can you show a screenshot of that? After you click? Every time I click on a name I'm always given a choice. I can switch back between my browser and app. But the default is what I choose.

• Helpful 1
24 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

When you click on the name of the geocache when you get an email can you show a screenshot of that? After you click? Every time I click on a name I'm always given a choice. I can switch back between my browser and app. But the default is what I choose.

I held down my finger on the link and was given the option to open in "Geocaching" which seems to work!  And it does seem to hold the preference so a single "click" works like it used to.  Thanks.