How to change the starting coords on a Wherigo listing

dennistubaplayer

Hi again everybody! I am having some trouble with changing the starting coords on my Wherigo. The reviewer said that I had the Wherigo starting in London England.:laughing: Anyway, I went to the listing on Wherigo.com and went to the "Edit Details" section on my listing. I saw that I had accidentally made it a start anywhere Wherigo. I un-checked the box that said make this a start anywhere Wherigo. Instead of seeing a box as usual to enter the new starting coords, nothing came up. Once the box was un-checked, I hit the save cartridge details button and Checked to see if It worked, and sure enough, It didn't. I tried re loading the page, doing it again, everything and nothing worked. I ended up contacting Geocaching HQ and they can't help me and instructed me to ask the forums.I am not sure if this is a glitch or I am doing something wrong? Thank you all. Have a good evening.

Edited by dennistubaplayer
3 minutes ago, dennistubaplayer said:

Hi again everybody! I am having some trouble with changing the starting coords on my Wherigo. The reviewer said that I had the Wherigo starting in London England.? Anyway, I went to the listing on Wherigo.com and went to the "Edit Details" section on my listing. I saw that I had accidentally made it a start anywhere Wherigo. I un-checked the box that said make this a start anywhere Wherigo. Instead of seeing a box as usual to enter the new starting coords, nothing came up. Once the box was un-checked, I hit the save cartridge details button and Checked to see if It worked, and sure enough, It didn't. I tried re loading the page, doing it again, everything and nothing worked. I ended up contacting Geocaching HQ and they can't help me and instructed me to ask the forums.I am not sure if this is a glitch or I am doing something wrong? Thank you all. Have a good evening.

Just FYI, there's a Wherigo subforum. I'm sure a moderator will move this for you. I bet you'll get help there!

22 hours ago, dennistubaplayer said:

I am having some trouble with changing the starting coords on my Wherigo.

There are three locations where the starting coords of a Wherigo are defined and they are not synchronised:

• In the Wherigo cartridge itself (use your builder to update it).
  • On Wherigo.com website (this is what you used if I understood well).
  • On a Wherigo cache listing on geocaching.com website.
22 hours ago, dennistubaplayer said:

The reviewer said that I had the Wherigo starting in London England.

Because of this, I'd say that the problem is with your geocaching.com listing, because I've never read before that reviewers would evaluate Wherigo cartridges.

What was the exact wording of your reviewer's comment?

Edited by Tungstène
Typo

If you're talking about the "Fountian view park" (shouldn't this be "FOUNTAIN", by the way?)...

It is indeed a play anywhere cartridge (I can tell this by reading the recognisable unrealistic coordinates that appear in the starting screen).

Screenshot_20200906-202350.thumb.jpg.4f27c665e2d4856d70188462f486b43a.jpg

This is something you have to correct in your Wherigo builder.

You should be able to update the cartridge starting location by editing the listing on Wherigo.com.

1. Log in to Wherigo.com. Often, you'll get logged out after 24 hours due to cookies expiring, but the page content still appears as if you're signed in. I suspect that the reason that you're getting errors is because you got logged out without realizing it.
  2. Open the "My Cartridges" page. This can be accessed through this link, but can also be accessed via My Home > My Cartridges from the main page.
  3. Click "Edit."
  4. Click "Edit Details."
  5. Update the starting location. Scroll down to the section titled "Starting Location"; uncheck "This cartridge can be played anywhere" and enter the correct starting waypoint in the field(s) underneath.
  6. Save details.

In my experience, I've found that editing the Wherigo.com listing will automatically overwrite the starting location configured in the builder. If that doesn't work, I'd try pinging @Ranger Fox and asking about changing starting locations in the Kit editor.

Edited by Hügh
  • Helpful 1