Can't Download GPX Cache to GPS - wants an associated Default App

babest51

I have always been able to open a cache description, click on "download" , select the device (GPS) I want to download it to and waalaa!  Now when I click on download, I get a message that says I need to associate a Default App to this type of file.  This is a new behavior and I am confused.  The only way I can download cache info to my gps is to add the cache to a list and then download the list to my gps.  Also, I am trying to use Pocket Queries.  I have my Query results, I downloaded the file to my PC and tried to move the file from PC to Garmin etrex10 (click & drag).  The file appears on the Garmin device list of files but the caches do not appear on the actual device when I go to "Geocaches"    I just feel I am missing some basic concepts.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

You can download the GPX and "save" it to your PC and then copy it to the GPX folder on your GPS or directly save to that folder. No need for apps.

As for a PQ, just download, unzip and move/copy the files to the x:/Garmin/GPX folder.

Do you have any filters set on the GPS? Are the caches >150Km from your location?