Your waymark has been denied, however...

T0SHEA

The reason for the denial, are not written in the posting requirements. 

Yet, pointed out several examples of similar approved waymarks. 

Basically, it does not matter that there are similar approved waymarks.

Over the past several months, I have challenged several of these denials to no avail. 

Example: In a fairly new category, I submitted what I thought was an acceptable submission.  It was denied, I resubmitted with a link to an approved waymark. It was denied again with a comment (paraphrased) I don't care about passed approved waymarks, I won't accept your driveby waymark.

Huh? I do not do drive by waymarks, besides the fact the location of this waymark it was impossible to do a drive by. If the reviewer had bothered to look. 

So why was this waymark denied?

Are your waymarks being denied based on requirements that are not part of the posting requirements?

• Helpful 1
2 hours ago, T0SHEA said:

The reason for the denial, are not written in the posting requirements. 

Yet, pointed out several examples of similar approved waymarks. 

Basically, it does not matter that there are similar approved waymarks.

Over the past several months, I have challenged several of these denials to no avail. 

Example: In a fairly new category, I submitted what I thought was an acceptable submission.  It was denied, I resubmitted with a link to an approved waymark. It was denied again with a comment (paraphrased) I don't care about passed approved waymarks, I won't accept your driveby waymark.

Huh? I do not do drive by waymarks, besides the fact the location of this waymark it was impossible to do a drive by. If the reviewer had bothered to look. 

So why was this waymark denied?

Are your waymarks being denied based on requirements that are not part of the posting requirements?

Definitely yes. And in more than one category.

5 hours ago, T0SHEA said:

I'm not going to name names, but I'm pretty confident I know who the offenders are.  I had one submission declined in the Police Memorials category because the officer-in-too-many-categories just looked at it, assumed it was a grave,  and didn't read the narrative, where I clearly explained that the officer in question was buried some miles away, here's a link.  His "Grave?" vote took others down the rabbit hole, so I clarified it further, resubmitted it, and the category leader (who's tough but he's always been fair with me) cleared it without comment.  

The other was recently in Citizen Memorials, where an obelisk memorial for a pioneer stands in a historic cemetery.  Well, you know, every obelisk in a cemetery must be a grave marker, so once again, "Grave?", despite my mentioning three times in the narrative -- including an underlined "This is not a grave" -- that the subject is buried miles away.  It did pass, but once again, down the rabbit hole.   Today, I can but scratch my head as to how someone can look at something and decide that it isn't what it is, even when the submitter explains it so clearly that the next step would be getting Barney to sing it to the reviewer.  

So, what to do when "officers" don't look at their submissions, let alone read their own guidelines?  To me, crying "Groundspeak, Groundspeak!" is like we did in the first grade when we called "Teacher!  Teacher!" and I think they have better things to do.  However, if someone was to say to some of these people, "Look, if you're not going to read my submissions, tell me clearly why I should bother with yours", that's when the cries of "Foul!" and accusations of vindictiveness would show up.  If it's game playing on the part of the reviewer, tell me why I have to play their games.