L&F Attribute

dani_carriere

I'm dani_carriere and have been caching since May 2002 (18+ years) from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.

Thank you for the new attributes and the related search options for them! They will be very useful. I particularly LOVE the ability to search for challenges!!

I'd like to see an adjustment to the L&F Attribute. It was only really valid for people who cached in 2010, and who had a chance to attend an event a Lackie was also attending. Personally, I did have a chance, but a beloved pet was dying and had to cancel my plans to attend the event. But that is a one person case.

I would like to suggest two possible options going forward: 

1. Retire the L&F attribute because it has a time-related aspect (2010 events with Lackies attending).

or

2. Remove the time aspect and have the attribute reflect events that Lackies had attended, regardless or year, or those after 2010.

Those of us with OCD get anxious seeing the gaps in our attribute charts.

Please consider this for a future update.

Thank you for your continued support of the Geocaching community. You've been life savers during this time. Geocaching is one of the only safe past times we can do in the age of COVID.

dani_carriere
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Caching for 18+ years.

On 9/3/2020 at 5:42 PM, dani_carriere said:

...and have been caching since May 2002 (18+ years) from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.

Thank you for the new attributes and the related search options for them! They will be very useful. I particularly LOVE the ability to search for challenges!!

I'd like to see an adjustment to the L&F Attribute. It was only really valid for people who cached in 2010, and who had a chance to attend an event a Lackie was also attending. 

...Those of us with OCD get anxious seeing the gaps in our attribute charts.

Curious... Noticed you don't have an actual Locationless cache found.  There's a "reintroduction" of something for that icon...

So your "OCD" is only on attributes, and not all icons ?   We've met a couple folks who only think of one "stat".

We've only cached since '04, but found a few real Locationless,  and the other 2/3rds is OCD enough not to log this one, so sort of get it.   ;)

But since you mentioned a couple times about caching May  '02 (we're only since '04...), it makes sense to realize that unless you cached every day since 2000, meeting goals for all souvenirs/ promotions, someone isn't going to have all.

Maybe I'm showing my age, but I feel if stats with others are involved, everyone needn't get a trophy.    :)

Edited by cerberus1
ess
  • Upvote 1