Seeking Gainesville/Ocala Geocachers

the federation

Hello fellow geocachers I have given myself a mission to see if there is enough interest in Gainesville/Ocala area to hold a 1 day event somewhere in the area. We are currently trying to get an organization formed in the Jacksonville area and we realize it is a little far for you all to drive, but the federation is from Palatka and so we are centrally located to both. If you all would be interested in trying to have an event the federation will host the event. Post to this forum or email the federation to indicate your level of interest.

the federation

Hi Greg, have you thought about having the get to gether at Paynes Prairie State Preserve? Was there yesterday did the two caches in there.Yours is a good one. There is alot of places and hiking trails to put caches for the event and if some one wants to come and camp its there too.

Altree

(you will never starve with a p38 and a can of food)

Altree

(you will not starve with a p38 and a can of food)

hi everybody looks like we will hold the event at paynes prarie. I have got a lot of positve feedback from everyone thanks. I guess what wee need now is a mail list of geocachers inthe area. if you know local cachers or people who would be interested let me know through my email and I will compile a mail list. we will schedule this event sometime after the campout in central fla so anyone down there who are interseted in coming up can. if you have any questions or comments contact the federation

Here are the final coordinates for the get together on the 22, n29 32.849

w082 17.446

this is a picnic area within the park. there will be aprimitive arts festival in the park over the weekend but our activities will be out of the way there will be a $3.25 parking/acess fee for the days activities. I will be getting emials out to everyone I have an adress for.

the federation