App crashes when trying to view the attributes of GC8ZA3F

mustakorppi

I'm getting the same issue as the OP.  I'm dropped out of the App if I click "Attributes" for that cache (the App remains in the background and can be opened again).  Something's wrong, I and I'm guessing it's the "Solution Checker Enabled" attribute, because although Cachly isn't crashing, that attribute shows as a black circle, not annotated.

For the Official App, here's my phone info:

Version 8.30.0 (1)

iOS 13.6.1

iPhone XS

[EDIT]:

I updated to Version 8.31.0 (1), and no more crash!

The "Solution Checker Enabled" attribute doesn't show in the App.  And that brings up questions I won't even ask.  :ph34r:

Edited by kunarion
  • Helpful 1
55 minutes ago, RuideAlmeida said:

PS: There a new app version today... 8.31.0 (1)

Funny, I did my testing just before posting and still got the old version. Must have taken more time to roll out in my region.

Anyway, with the new version I get the same results as kunarion. No crash, but no solution checker attribute either.

6 minutes ago, RuideAlmeida said:

Just a guess... I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact the we probably couldn't use it on the app, only on the homepage... could we?

I considered that, and if this happens to be something that the app devs are considering, I for one would prefer to have the attribute in the app.

Some reasons:

1) showing conflicting info about the cache on different devices seems wrong as a matter of principle

2) what if the solution to the mystery somehow uses the the attribute icons

3) knowing a checker exists is useful in the app because the app also has the Open in browser link, which lets mobile users easily use the checker

4) hopefully bringing the checker to the app is on the to-do list :)

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, mustakorppi said:

I considered that, and if this happens to be something that the app devs are considering, I for one would prefer to have the attribute in the app.

Some reasons:

1) showing conflicting info about the cache on different devices seems wrong as a matter of principle

2) what if the solution to the mystery somehow uses the the attribute icons

3) knowing a checker exists is useful in the app because the app also has the Open in browser link, which lets mobile users easily use the checker

4) hopefully bringing the checker to the app is on the to-do list :)

Edit. 

My mistake. The invalid link was for a different checker on the same page. 

I never realized that all the checkers I was using on apps were not the official ones.

Edited by Max and 99

Thanks for reporting this issue. There is a temporary fix in the App Store, to prevent the app from crashing if you are viewing the attributes page of a cache that has the solution checker attribute.

The next step is for us to make the solution checker attribute visible on the cache page in the mobile app. It may not be helpful on the app, but the user could view the cache page on the website to view the checker. 

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1