Delete from leaderboard?

kurtica

I have published the AL on 31st but in the leaderboard there is a cacher that found all the stages 12days before this date (19th same month). I did not make this AL public for sure before 31st and also I do not know this one and did not provide private qr,  so not sure how this one logged it. It appears as FTF on all stages and first on the AL leaderboard. On the other hand, I checked the profile and there are no lab caches, also no log in AL.  Is it somehow possible to delete this person from the leaderboard as he/she clearly could not finish it that date?

1 hour ago, kurtica said:

I have published the AL on 31st but in the leaderboard there is a cacher that found all the stages 12days before this date (19th same month). I did not make this AL public for sure before 31st and also I do not know this one and did not provide private qr,  so not sure how this one logged it. It appears as FTF on all stages and first on the AL leaderboard. On the other hand, I checked the profile and there are no lab caches, also no log in AL.  Is it somehow possible to delete this person from the leaderboard as he/she clearly could not finish it that date?

I'm curious how this is even possible. 

Nothing wrong about no log in the AL, though. 

7 hours ago, kurtica said:

Is it somehow possible to delete this person from the leaderboard as he/she clearly could not finish it that date?

Interesting! @kurtica Is the username on the Leaderboard not that of a friend that you had test your Adventure in Private mode? If you suspect that this is a bug, please send a note, including the name of the Adventure, to the Help Center. During this experimental phase of the Adventure Lab platform, there is no option to remove entries from the Leaderboard. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

Edited by ktaylor211

Created my first AL this week.

Did at home some checks in test mode and let also my wife test it.

Everything seems oke but did I enter the correct coordinates?
So switch to private mode to use geofencing (which does not work in test mode) and took the bike to go along my 5 waypoints (and answered the questions).

Back at home I discovered in the leaderboard that my name was filled in as the FTF and (if I'm correct) have 5 new found caches.

Don't think that's oke.

So my questions to the developers/community :

1)  Please change it so that only in Public mode the leaderboard is filled and caches are counted.

2)  Is there a way to remove my own 5 founds from my total?

3)  Is there a way to remove my 5 FTF's from the leaderboard?

10 hours ago, Xienix said:

1)  Please change it so that only in Public mode the leaderboard is filled and caches are counted.

The whole point of "Private" is that you can invite cachers (friends, beta-testers, etc) to play the AL "as normal" without publishing the AL.

2)  Is there a way to remove my own 5 founds from my total?

Yes. Go to this link: https://labs.geocaching.com/logs (can also be reached from your Profile page: Geocaches tab, then click on "Lab Cache" in the list of your finds). There you can delete any lab cache finds. But be aware that this only affects you lab cache find count on geocaching.com. In the Adventure Lab app, the lab cache location which you just "deleted" are still marked as completed.

3)  Is there a way to remove my 5 FTF's from the leaderboard?

No.

On 10/18/2020 at 7:59 PM, barefootjeff said:
On 10/18/2020 at 7:20 PM, Max and 99 said:

You can test the coordinates, just not the geofencing, in test mode. 

On my Android, in Test mode the phone still vibrates when I enter the geofence region even though I can view the question and put in the answer from anywhere.

I can confirm this, as I was testing a few things today and was holding my phone in my hand as I drove up to a couple of the locations on my AL.  It said "ANSWER" with the ? on the screen the whole time, but it did vibrate when I got within the geofencing radius.  Very interesting!!

I also noticed that the Adventure was set to "Private" even though I left it off and just created the test.  I didn't touch the Public/Private settings! Is that accurate?  I want my husband to test it for me, but not prevent him from logging it when it goes public!

846690758_Screenshot_20201028-121528(1).thumb.png.190e0ee6fb70e402a71938daba2b0d7b.png

On 10/28/2020 at 1:21 PM, CAVinoGal said:

also noticed that the Adventure was set to "Private" even though I left it off and just created the test.  I didn't touch the Public/Private settings! Is that accurate?  I want my husband to test it for me, but not prevent him from logging it when it goes public!

I "tested" an AL for a friend. Once it went public I was able to complete and log it successfully.

• Helpful 1