Help :)

Einaras13

We are new in geocaching. We found 19 and wanted to put ours, we did, but we didn't get aproval. Our conteiner is hidden in the garden of museum where everyone anytime can come. Big distance from other geocah. We got an email with some questions and we don't understand where we have to answer. It is said to answer with a reviewer. Maybe somebody can help us? 

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Einaras13 said:

We are new in geocaching. We found 19 and wanted to put ours, we did, but we didn't get aproval. Our conteiner is hidden in the garden of museum where everyone anytime can come. Big distance from other geocah. We got an email with some questions and we don't understand where we have to answer. It is said to answer with a reviewer. Maybe somebody can help us? 

At the top of your geocache page there should be a button to click respond. Do you see that? If you don't see that, a reviewer note and resubmit would be my second choice of action. 

• Helpful 1

also please be sure to get permission from the museum owner or curator. without it you cant place anything. 

also a good template for reviewers is:

permission: list your permission here. who gave it to you and what guidelines did they put in place for you?

container: what kind of container are you placing? how do you get in? 

location: where is the cache located? can anyone see it or is it tucked away. be as specific as possible. 

remember, the more you write for all of those the higher chance you get the cache published!

happy caching

On 9/17/2020 at 2:14 PM, BenRed06 said:

remember, the more you write for all of those the higher chance you get the cache published!

happy caching

Great advice. I sometimes put in a reason for the placement. Like if it's on a bike path...my goal is to motivate people to walk for the health of it. Exercise is so important, especially today when so many have to isolate themselves due to the pandemic. 

Edited by HunterandSamuel
  • Funny 2
4 hours ago, HunterandSamuel said:

Great advice. I sometimes put in a reason for the placement. Like if it's on a bike path...my goal is to motivate people to walk for the health of it. Exercise is so important, especially today when so many have to isolate themselves due to the pandemic. 

Yes. When I submitted my very first cache, the reviewer sent me an introductory email which included that Briansnat quote from the guidelines:

"When you go to hide a geocache, think of the reason you are bringing people to that spot. If the only reason is for the geocache, then find a better spot."

So in all my subsequent Reviewer Notes I've included something about my reason for bringing people to the location, usually with a photo or two as well. It probably doesn't make any difference to whether or not that particular cache will be published, and maybe the reviewer just glosses over it while wanting to move on to the next cache in the queue, but I think it helps establish what I'm trying to achieve as a CO.

• Upvote 1
20 hours ago, barefootjeff said:

So in all my subsequent Reviewer Notes I've included something about my reason for bringing people to the location, usually with a photo or two as well. It probably doesn't make any difference to whether or not that particular cache will be published, and maybe the reviewer just glosses over it while wanting to move on to the next cache in the queue, but I think it helps establish what I'm trying to achieve as a CO.

Yes! It gets us to take seriously the placements of geocaches, to think about why we are placing them at the location we are.