Favorite pre- or post-caching food joint? Post the coords

joefrog

My favorite is a real hole-in-the-wall BBQ joint called "Ken's BBQ," on Alabama Hwy 79 in Tarrant (near B'ham). You can find it here:

N 33° 39.755

W086° 42.390

Guaranteed to be the best BBQ you've had in ages.

Joel (joefrog)

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for ye are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"

Well, I am not sure of the coordinates for Cotham's General Store, but you need to stop in after the Tour De Scott cache. Tour De Scott is at 34 38 319 N 092 07 233 W

Its a small place if you can't find it anyone around can tell you where it is. Be warned if you get the "Hubcap Burger" you better be HUNGRY!!! Also in all my travels I think its the best hamburger I have ever eatten.

RW Da Man!!!

CHS#1

quote:
Originally posted by joefrog:

My favorite is a real hole-in-the-wall BBQ joint called "Ken's BBQ," on Alabama Hwy 79 in Tarrant (near B'ham).

I grew up in B'ham and my dad worked at Thompson Tractor out in Tarrant City. He talked about Ken's BBQ. I finally got to go eat there one day when I was working out there on a summer job. It was great back then and I always tell people about it. Good one joefrog!

mtn-man... admin brick mason 19490_2600.gif

In the east part of Shelby County, TN, You have to stop in at Canale's Grocery (Home of the Hams) and pick up a coulple of ham sammiches. That's good eatin'!

They were even featured on an episode of Tennessee Crossroads. I keep expecting to see JoGPS being followed through the woods and explaining Geocaching on that show...

Latitude Longitude

DMS 35°7'4.8"N 89°43'22.8"W

MinDec 35°7.08 -89°43.3799

DegDec 35.118 -89.723

Universal Transverse Mercator (UTM)

Zone Easting Northing

16 251847 3889522

quote:
Originally posted by Aksor+Raskol:

Sure, NOW you tell me where it is/post the coords AFTER we were in B'ham for Labor Day! Thanks, Joel!

icon_razz.gif

Hey, I TRIED to get by there before you made it to town, but I was deathly ill (and no, not from BBQ)! Now you've got it for future reference, and a note from the famous (infamous?) mtn-man to second!

Joel (joefrog)

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for ye are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"

As a matter of fact bitbrain

I along with Sis, RobertLipe, and A182pilot will be on Tennessee Crossroads either Oct. 23rd or 30th. We taped the show back in June or July ……..JOE

Waffle House is KING of the hill for me.

They are famous for their Waffle House Honeys

quote:
Originally posted by JoGPS:

I along with Sis, RobertLipe, and A182pilot will be on Tennessee Crossroads either Oct. 23rd or 30th. We taped the show back in June or July ……..JOE

Whoa! Am I psychic or what? icon_eek.gif

Here's a place my Dad used to frequent when he worked in downtown Birmingham. Now I go there pretty regular:

Pete's Famous Hot Dogs

N33 30.921

W086 48.394 (Waypoint marked as driving by)

Best hot dogs in Alabama. Try and order a hamburger during lunch rush and see what happens! (the owner sometimes can be gruff)LOL People used to call him the "Hotdog Nazi"!!! icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Pudman&Pookie2:

Pete's Famous Hot Dogs

N33 30.921

W086 48.394 (Waypoint marked as driving by)

icon_biggrin.gif

That's good stuff -- I head there too! And you're right; that nickname is well deserved! Lemme know when you want to head over there!

Joel (joefrog)

quote:
Originally posted by JoGPS:

2ndary_top_01.jpg

Episode #1717

Air Dates: October 23 & 26, 2003

Geocaching

Thousands of Tennesseans, all around the state, are participating in a new sport. As Rob Wilds found out, they use a GPS device to hunt for high-tech treasure.