Duplicating an existing AL?

J Grouchy

I just got notification of a new AL near me in Atlanta, so I naturally opened the app to see where. I had to zoom way in, because the icon for the new one was sitting almost entirely on top of an existing AL icon. When I looked at the description, I realized it almost completely duplicated the existing AL. I mean, this isn't really what they want, is it?   Are we going to start getting more and more of these with the influx of people being able to create them and publish them without proper review?

Screenshot_20200830-085133_Adventure Lab.jpg

Edited by J Grouchy

I'm working on my AL; a tour of wineries near me, in our Valley.  At a socially distanced event in a park in June, (the first in months!) talk turned to AL's - turns out another gal was also working on highlighting our Valley - we did have a couple of the same spots on our list!  We decided to focus each a bit differently, as I'll do all wineries, and she will focus on fruit, olive oil and some of the other things produced by local farmers - the bounty in our Valley.  And we compared our locations so that they are all different.  She will have a winery on her list, I will have 5 and will not include the one she is using for her AL.

Without the in person event and actually talking with people, Neither of us would have known the other was working the same locations.  It was good we could cooperate and make each one unique!

I need to get  mine done and out there before someone else does one first!