Geocache/Orienteering meet - Charlotte, NC area

kliscinsky

I am a member of the local orienteering club in Charlotte, NC. I also have fun geocaching in the area.

At one meet we had, there were geocachers in the woods at the same time. They mentioned in the logs that they may be interested in orienteering.

On May 4th is National 'O' day and a meet will take place at a local park. I thought about setting up a course for geocachers using gps coordinates to find the controls(flags).

Any body interested??? If so, I will continue with the planning. You might want to try one with map and compass also.

I'l proved more info if there is an interest.

I would be interested, so I hope you can plan something. I'll spread the word to some of my geocaching buddies. Being an outdoorsman, I have depended on my compass for years. Being a cartographer, I LOVE maps. But I'm crazy about my wife and geocaching! Why don't you post your idea as an event cache? That would probably spread the word faster than the forum pages!

12645_400.jpg