deleting tests from adventure labs, and QR codes

MamaHoof

I have a question or two about deleting tests from the adventure labs and about QR codes, and I'm not a computer whiz so if someone could explain in simple language I'd really appreciate it! I have created an adventure and tested it on my (android) phone yesterday and it seems to have worked well, I just want to be sure that I have correctly understood the adventure lab builder guide about deleting tests before I make the adventure live. In the Test the Adventure slide (slide 6) of the AL builder guide, under step 5, am I correct that the images both relate to the tests on the AL builder (not the app)?  Why is the qr code circled in red in the second image? From what I could figure out from reading the text for deleting test on the web, I need to go back into the test screen and select 'delete test', so why is 'delete test' not circled in red in the second image? Is there something I need to do to the qr code? And then for deleting the test on the app, I just need to swipe my adventure left, is that correct (seems too easy!)? Is there any way of checking that I've deleted the tests correctly?

And some more questions, for my understanding of how the QR codes work (and I've only just scanned my first QR code yesterday so please excuse my ignorance!), in the AL builder, on the first screen (where the main description of the AL is and where you set the adventure on and off), does the QR code stay the same on that page from when you first create the page, or does it update whenever you edit something anywhere in your AL? What would happen if you pushed "delete" on this screen, would all your information (photos, coordinates, descriptions etc disappear)? If I scan the QR code on that screen, currently it just takes me to a description of the AL, does this change when I switch the adventure on? 

Thanks for any help!

Thanks - I think I've deleted the tests correctly from the AL app (I noticed that in the AL app my find count after doing the tests was showing higher than my find count on geocaching.com, and after deleting the tests and logging out of the AL app and then back into the app my find count is now the same as on the website). I'm pretty sure I have deleted them properly on the AL web builder as well.

I think I've solved my own confusion over the red circles in the guidelines too - I think they are circled to show how to share the QR codes for others to test, not how to delete tests...it's a little confusing though as step 4 talks about deleting the tests, then step 5 talks about sharing the tests then directly under that is the information about deleting tests - I think this should be labelled step 6 so it's clear that the images relate to sharing the tests and not deleting them. No one else seems to have mentioned being confused by this though, so maybe it's just me!

I'd still like to know what happens if you push delete on the first screen and how that QR code works!

thanks for your help

Having a issue with testing.  I have my Adventure together and have run the test 3 times and deleted them.  I made a few changes and tried to run the test again before making it live.  I scanned in the QR code and receive a message ' Could not find an Adventure by that keyword'  I tried signing out of the App and back in, but I still receive the same message.

10 minutes ago, Essap said:

Having a issue with testing.  I have my Adventure together and have run the test 3 times and deleted them.  I made a few changes and tried to run the test again before making it live.  I scanned in the QR code and receive a message ' Could not find an Adventure by that keyword'  I tried signing out of the App and back in, but I still receive the same message.

I'll tell you how I do it, JUST in case that helps!

I copy the "test code URL", and email it to myself. On my phone, I click on that link, and it automatically takes me to the AL to test.

Just letting you know my method.

Edited by Max and 99
  • Upvote 1
52 minutes ago, Essap said:

Tried Max and 99 method and get the same message "could not find an Adventure by that keyword"

I think I had that once, and it was resolved by actually closing the app (not just going out and back in but actually stopping it) and reopening it, then it was fine and I could just scan the QR off the computer screen again.

I tried deleting the Adventure Lab App and reinstalling.  I get the same result.

I have now made it playable, but private.  Here is that link https://labs.geocaching.com/goto/Gilfillan

I get the same result.  I would appreciate anyone trying my private link and seeing what they get.

Here is the link I get when I issue a new test.

https://labs.geocaching.com/goto/2b57f608-ecc9-4cac-ac0d-233b51064907

With either one I get message can not find an adventure with that name

Thanks for any help.