changing coords for mystery caches and solution checker

MamaHoof

Hello, I started creating a mystery cache, entered the posted coordinates and hidden final coordinates, selected the check box for displaying the solution checker on the cache page, entered some of the other information and then saved it to finish later. Then I came back to it and decided I wanted to change the final coordinates, edited that information and saved again. My question is, does the solution checker automatically recognise that I have changed the final coordinates, or is there something that I need to do to make sure the solution checker will be correct?

The guidelines (6.8) relating to the solution checker state that the correct solution will automatically be the same as the final coordinates, but that is if you are adding a new mystery cache (or adding a checker to an existing mystery cache), and doesn't mention if it applies when you have changed the final coordinates. 

I'd appreciate any advice anyone could give me, thanks!

10 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

I would assume it updates automatically when you change the final coordinates on the cache page. Can you check it yourself?

Hmm, I've already submitted it to a reviewer, so can't check it at the moment, but maybe I will need to check it once it gets published (or if the reviewer comes back to me). Otherwise I think I might have to just untick the display checker box as I'd rather have no solution checker on the cache page than a solution checker that doesn't recognise the correct coordinates! Thanks

1 minute ago, RuideAlmeida said:

Naturally will depends on the solution checker you choose to use... lately I didn't used the built-in, so I would assume its automatic. Sorry.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I am just using the built-in solution checker, and I'm assuming that it's automatic too but just wondered if anyone could tell me for sure! Thanks

9 minutes ago, MamaHoof said:

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I am just using the built-in solution checker, and I'm assuming that it's automatic too but just wondered if anyone could tell me for sure! Thanks

My reviewer checks my checker. there's no way to edit the built-in checker so it has to be automatic.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, MamaHoof said:

Great, thanks for your help (I'm not sure whether or not my local reviewer checks the checker)

I really don't think this is anything to worry about. I, myself, am 99% sure yours will be correct after editing the final on the cache page. Just do a quick check when it's published, but I have no doubts it'll be correct! 

3 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

I really don't think this is anything to worry about. I, myself, am 99% sure yours will be correct after editing the final on the cache page. Just do a quick check when it's published, but I have no doubts it'll be correct! 

thanks (I am a worrier by nature!)

• Upvote 1

I've just checked my own solution using the (newer set of) final coordinates and it did say my solution was correct, which was good news. But it then also automatically corrected the coordinates which meant I had to cancel the submission and resubmit the cache, as I clearly don't want the solved coordinates on the cache page! But from that little experiment it seems that the solution checker does automatically update if you change the hidden final coordinates.  Thank you for helping to answer my question!