Sounds and physical stages

Zeus Jonze

I’ve recently built my first Wherigo using the uriwgo software and I have a few questions. Today I tested it in the park where it will be active and all worked except for sounds. When I run the cartridge in the uriwgo emulator a sound plays when entering certain zones, but when I entered the zone for real the other zone triggers occur but no sound plays. I’m using an Iphone and I checked that the volume was up and the sound settings in Wherigo were turned on. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Second question: I have some physical objects placed as part of the cartridge. Do these need to be more than 528 feet apart from each other and other caches such as regular caches or the stages of a multi-cache or are they exempt since they don’t actually show up geocaching.com?

your question about sounds...

I'm having the same problem with a Wherigo I've written on an Android.  I think it's to do with Android shutting down the threads - if I keep my screen active, then it's all fine, but the point of my WIG is to give a ping when you're not paying attention.  Anyway, I'm in the process of re-writing it to use a timer to trigger the distance calculations, which is NOT ideal, but something I've used elsewhere.  I'm going to keep an eye on this thread!

Thanks for the comment. Yeah, that's similar to my issue being that the sound should trigger when the user needs to look at their device after walking for a bit. You can do the whole cartridge without any sound at all but if someone stops looking at their screen after a while they might miss the important message which is why I added the warning sound. Still looking into it.

I should be OK then with distance. My physical locations were all at least 450 feet apart but due to needing to use certain locations I couldn't quite get to 528 on 1 or 2.