GeocachingNewbies

1Meyra1

(Sorry for the German post. :-))

Hallo Meyra,

es gibt auch einen deutschsprachigen Teilbereich hier im gesamten Forum: https://forums.geocaching.com/GC/index.php?/forum/148-german-speaking-forum-deutschsprachiges-forum/&_fromLogin=1

Das (gesamte) Forum ist natürlich super, um sich auszutauschen, wenn du aber Interesse an Kontakt vor Ort hast (gemeinsame Cachetouren zum Beispiel), dann ist es eher nicht sooo geeignet. Aber wenn, dann eben im deutschsprachigen Forenteil - denn hier tummeln sich eben doch Cacher aus der ganzen Welt, da werden wenige aus NRW dabei sein. ;-) Dafür wären dann Events vor Ort am besten.

Wieso bist du laut Profil eigentlich "18 - 21 Jahre alt"? :-)

Herzliche Grüße aus Karlsruhe - ein bisschen südlicher -

Jochen

31 minutes ago, CleverCloggs said:

Im so totally new at this, and its a lot of fun... Placed a few caches that have yet to be published!!! but lets see shall we,

Not met any fellow goecachers yet.. but on Facebook groups I have. 

Found 4 so far.... 

happy Hunting

Welcome! In case you have not yet read The Help Center here's some good information to know: 

5.1. Hide your first geocache

Hiding a geocache is a big milestone for any geocacher. Before hiding your first cache, we encourage you to find at least 20 geocaches. Finding a variety of caches makes it easier to create an enjoyable experience for others. To find caches, be sure to download the Geocaching® app or search our online map.

1 minute ago, Max and 99 said:

Welcome! In case you have not yet read The Help Center here's some good information to know: 

5.1. Hide your first geocache

Hiding a geocache is a big milestone for any geocacher. Before hiding your first cache, we encourage you to find at least 20 geocaches. Finding a variety of caches makes it easier to create an enjoyable experience for others. To find caches, be sure to download the Geocaching® app or search our online map.

Thanks for the tip... we live in the middle of nowhere and me and my husband, separate people but same team have found  18 so far, many where we are are broken or lost so have reported them for maintenance. :)  The nano ones I have trouble finding!!!! but its a mission to find one...  The cache I have hid, is for children and fun and easy, as its my first geocache.,. but I am a rule follower so made sure all was correct before hiding. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, CleverCloggs said:

As soon as my cache is eventually published... I shall let you all know...  3 days so far.. B)  have a good hunting day everyone... 

@CleverCloggs, do you live in Portugal?  If so, you should update your home coordinates.  You can correct them here:  https://www.geocaching.com/account/settings/homelocation

Having accurate home coordinates will help speed up the publication of your pending caches.

• Helpful 1
1 hour ago, CleverCloggs said:

My location is Avis in Portugal and logged as such. 

Great!  I checked again, and your updated home coordinates removed the flag on the cache pages you submitted.  I am sure that your friendly local Community Volunteer Reviewer will be along in due course to review your caches.  Thanks for joining the ranks of cache hiders, especially in a rural area where caches might be few and far between.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 2