[Bug] Community Celebration Event got archived automatically

badehaubendealer

Hi guys,

my Community Celebration Event (GC8Q97T) was archived automatically by the Geocaching HQ Admin. This was the log:

This old, unpublished cache has been archived as part of site maintenance and database clean-up. You are not required to take action. If you are working on a new cache, create a new listing and submit it for review. Should you prefer to use this listing, contact your local reviewer to request unarchival. See this Help Center article to identify the reviewer for your area. In the future, please work to submit cache pages for review within three months of creation. If you are working on a complex cache, or are waiting on permission, communicate your progress by posting regular reviewer notes to unsubmitted listings. Submissions older than six months may be automatically archived.

I understand that unused listings get archived, but these events are allowed until the end of 2021. I don't think they shoould be archived after three (or six) months. Seems like a bug in the Geocaching HQ Admin :)

Edited by badehaubendealer
  • Funny 1

The automation currently does not differentiate between cache types so this is not a bug.

I will look into excluding Community Celebration Events going forward because of the extended timeline. At the same time it is your responsibility as a cache owner to keep listings from falling into this automation, too. You can do that by editing the listing and or posting logs on it.

• Surprised 3
  • Helpful 2