Adventure Lab Map Icons

mcwilli

When you log in on the AL app you see a map showing the locations of ALs in the area. Found labs have a check mark. Unfound ones used to have a red dot but now they are green without a check. However some unfound ALs have sort of a gear image in the green dot while others just have a blank green dot. Does anyone know what the difference is and why this is so? Also, is there any way to hide the "found" (with the check mark) icons on the map. When you have a lot of found icons they sometimes hide the unfound ones. Anyone have any words of wisdom? Thanks

2 hours ago, Moun10Bike said:

That "gear" icon is actually supposed to be a "shiny" badge and indicates a new Adventure (published in the past 30 days).

Thanks! I knew what the icon meant, but up to now I was clueless as to why this gear/star/whatever thing was chosen to signify "new". So it's a "shiny badge" ... BTW "shiny" ... don't get me wrong, but IMHO "shiny" doesn't describe the job that GS's designers did here. Not only is the icon nowhere near self-explaining, the new "all green" look makes it much harder to see new/uncompleted ALCs at one glance on the map. The old orange icons stood out prominently even in the middle of many completed ALCs.

2 hours ago, Moun10Bike said:

Unfortunately, there is not yet a way to filter out found ones.

I think this option (which cannot be that difficult to implement) should get top priority, now that the ALC "credits" are handed out big time. Otherwise, the map will quickly become unusable for players in an ALC-saturated area.

• Helpful 2
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, baer2006 said:

So it's a "shiny badge" ... BTW "shiny" ... don't get me wrong, but IMHO "shiny" doesn't describe the job that GS's designers did here. Not only is the icon nowhere near self-explaining, the new "all green" look makes it much harder to see new/uncompleted ALCs at one glance on the map.

+1000

They shouldn't be sighing, they should be listening. I agree with everything everyone has said. Why take something that works well and make it worse? The red icons versus green in the beginning was great. Having all green now makes no sense. And the gear icon was also not obvious to me. I didn't know why some had it and some didn't. I also would like to see the found ones disappear. All of these requests are reasonable. 

• Upvote 7

I'm sure they are listening.  I only meant that someone thought it was a great idea and now it's a flop. So back to the drawing board. It took me two seconds to figure out what the gear/star meant because I read the app update info in the app store. That info is available to everyone.  They are probably hard at work right now writing and testing code to filter out found adventures. I personally think a smiley face ? instead of green check mark would be more fun.  But only until I can filter those out.

• Surprised 1
On 8/25/2020 at 11:27 AM, Pink Action said:

Having all green now makes no sense.

They're doing their part for the earth and going green.  Literally.

On 8/29/2020 at 8:23 AM, Mars Express said:

Anybody knows the meaning of this icon?  its sometimes shown on the map..

I have that on mine because I created a test version of my AL.  Now it won't go away even though I deleted the test.  Once I click on it and go back to the map it's gone. 

The AL app has loads of issues with bad data, like for example when I run a test and answer my questions, the AL shows I have 5 more finds (which I don't) until I log out or delete the app or whatever.  I've logged out of my app and logged back in and the test lab is still there; I may have to delete the app and then re-download it to get rid of it.