Adventure Labs Completion Stats

N8OFP - Del

I know this has been brought up before but I'm going to bring it up again. I don't understand why Adventure Lab Activity Logs are limited to the first 10 people who complete the Lab. I've read the other post were it was supposedly done for privacy reason, I'm not buying that when there are regular caches with hundreds or thousands of logs. The other supposed reason was to conserve space, that also doesn't make sense either when there are how ever many thousands of regular caches that have hundred or thousands of logs.

My AL has been active for 13 days, and it shows 14 people have completed the entire AL, and 15 people have completed the first 2 steps. But because I can only see the first 10 logs I have no idea who the other 4 people are who completed the AL and I have no idea if someone actually started the AL and stopped after the first 2 steps or if there is a glitch in the system. Seeing how this entire AL is new and still being developed I would think you would want to give the AL owners as much information as possible so they can help find problems. What if the two stages that are showing 15 people completed them and it is a glitch in the system, I as an owner have no way of knowing and I'm sure no one else is looking for that type of issue.

• Upvote 2

I think the owners of an AL should get less information. :D

I'm under the opinion that if there's an issue, someone will contact me thru my geocaching profile.

But I completely understand your point about only the first ten logs showing (and that doesn't necessarily mean the first ten to complete the lab, since the logs are not in order of completion). I think it's strange that they are not, since the lab app knows exactly who completed the AL and at what time.

On 8/23/2020 at 3:28 PM, N8OFP - Del said:

Activity Logs are limited to the first 10 people

Quick clarification: the Leaderboard is limited to the first 10 people. The Activity Log holds the logs for all players who complete the Adventure and choose to leave a log. All of these logs are visible to the Adventure creator and other players. I realize this is not the full answer to the context of your comment, but it may be helpful to know that you can use Activity Logs to check on the health of your Adventure. Thank you for creating an Adventure!

Edited by ktaylor211

Now we have access to Players Statistics by using a back door. Found 2 armchairs loggers that way on my 1st AL...

Quote from IceColdUK :

Something I learned on Facebook...  Go to the Main Page for your Adventure - the URL will begin 'https://labs.geocaching.com/builder/adventures/details/'.  Replace 'details' with 'StatisticsPlayer', et voila: a CSV file with full stats for your Adventure!

• Upvote 2
  • Surprised 1
On 11/22/2020 at 12:23 AM, Lynx Humble said:

Now we have access to Players Statistics by using a back door. Found 2 armchairs loggers that way on my 1st AL...

Quote from IceColdUK :

Something I learned on Facebook...  Go to the Main Page for your Adventure - the URL will begin 'https://labs.geocaching.com/builder/adventures/details/'.  Replace 'details' with 'StatisticsPlayer', et voila: a CSV file with full stats for your Adventure!

I tried this - change the details to statistics player and it takes you to a login page - despite filling in the login details it will not go past that bit 

On 11/22/2020 at 12:23 AM, Lynx Humble said:

Quote from IceColdUK :

Also - isnt this the same as the 'Download completion statistics' link found at the bottom of the leaderboard page ? that downloads a CSV file too - though can't get that to do it properly either ?

35 minutes ago, Deepdiggingmole said:

Also - isnt this the same as the 'Download completion statistics' link found at the bottom of the leaderboard page ? that downloads a CSV file too - though can't get that to do it properly either ?

Nope it was 2 completely different CSV file.

But yeah I confirm the bug on Firefox neither are working at the moment.

That's extremely unfortunate if they closed it for that reason. That was about the most useful presentation of the statistics that was available.

Now, if they closed it because they're working on a better presentation of the same data, great. I could see perhaps that being unregulated, the URL to download the csv could be abused by 3rd parties. If that's the reason it was closed, I could understand.

But please, please give us more detailed statistics...!

27 minutes ago, ecanderson said:

Somebody must be working since we got the 'new' icon on the markers, but that's about all we've seen.  Doesn't seem like much progress for all of that time.

So what's this 'off site' Faceplant site where they actually discuss this product (vs. doing it here?)

That 'update' was 4 months ago in August according to my research on this Forum. Didn't get a real update for a long time.

Not really at update IMO. They put all the icons the same color so they blend even more on the map :(, add an icon for less than 30 days old AL that nobody understood at first and a notification alert for new AL under *20miles/32km if your app is open and you are currently in that range circle.

* That distance is a guess because no one from Grounspeak ever confirmed the existence of that feature.

Here the link for the Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/398208544343011

On 12/2/2020 at 11:50 PM, Lynx Humble said:

Nope it was 2 completely different CSV file.

Though they used to be the same - from what I have read about what you could get out of the backdoor approach, that was what I used to get with the download link - that link now gives you a file with the barest of info (in fact the same info which you can read on the leaderboard page) and as the backdoor approach is now broken - we are getting nothing from anyof these :-( 

3 hours ago, Deepdiggingmole said:

Though they used to be the same - from what I have read about what you could get out of the backdoor approach, that was what I used to get with the download link - that link now gives you a file with the barest of info (in fact the same info which you can read on the leaderboard page) and as the backdoor approach is now broken - we are getting nothing from anyof these :-( 

Some time ago they've changed it and the download was getting you a nearly blank file (as it is now). Now the backdoor is blocked and all the stats from AL's are completely useless.

I can't see absolutely any use for this 5x2 table in .csv file with the number of completion for each stage. I mean someone had to think "oh yes, we will include that in the AL page and call this statistics!". This is in a kind disrespectful to us.

• Upvote 2