Transfer Basecamp database to new computer

Mineral2

If it is at all possible, it will require moving some hidden folders and their contents.  Are you good with that?

See

Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Garmin\BaseCamp and

Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Garmin\BaseCamp

Then there's the issue of reinstalling your maps on the new box so that BaseCamp has them for access.

OS X moving from El Capitan (10.11) to Catalina (10.15). Everything transferred perfectly. Probably could have done the same with iCaching rather than exporting the library as a giant GPX file and importing it on the new machine. But this gave me a chance to start clean with folders, of which I had too many and had to delete them one at a time.

Ach.  Never mind.  For some reason thought you were on Windows 10.

Glad it went smoothly for you.  There's also a 'Library' folder in Win10, but not content that would have been moved in the process.

Gotta say, I'm still enamored of the maps at http://www.gmaptool.eu/en/content/usa-osm-topo-routable both for use on GPS and for BaseCamp / Mapsource.  Lots more good detail than the standard OSM street maps (these have terrain info) and updated a good bit more frequently than other topo maps at gpsfiledepot

2 hours ago, ecanderson said:

Gotta say, I'm still enamored of the maps at http://www.gmaptool.eu/en/content/usa-osm-topo-routable both for use on GPS and for BaseCamp / Mapsource.  Lots more good detail than the standard OSM street maps (these have terrain info) and updated a good bit more frequently than other topo maps at gpsfiledepot

Same here. My #1 Goto Map, installed on all my Garmin GPSr.