Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CachAmonte

Educational Caches

Hello! I'm here to propose a new type of cache: Educational Cache. It would be a kind of dedicated cache for teenagers to do with their parents, colleagues and / or teachers. To be caches, where it would be necessary to solve language problems ,. mathematics, biology, etc., which would boost Geocaching and make school life much more attractive. I also volunteered to be a reviewer of this type of caches if you liked the idea. best regards

On 8/22/2020 at 9:13 AM, CachAmonte said:

Hello! I'm here to propose a new type of cache: Educational Cache. It would be a kind of dedicated cache for teenagers to do with their parents, colleagues and / or teachers. To be caches, where it would be necessary to solve language problems ,. mathematics, biology, etc., which would boost Geocaching and make school life much more attractive. I also volunteered to be a reviewer of this type of caches if you liked the idea. best regards

I think these teenagers should go find current caches, and maybe focus on ones that require such skills (science, math, language, coding, etc).  Where I live, geocaching does not need a boost. Does your area not have many geocaches, or puzzle geocaches? They abound where I live!

Great idea. No need to wait: they're called puzzle caches. Tell your kids! Make some new ones today!

• Upvote 1

On 8/22/2020 at 10:13 AM, CachAmonte said:

Nice you'd like to volunteer yourself, maybe you should place caches with an education theme to get things going in your area. 

This new cache type would have to have Reviewers knowledgeable in each presented, like those for Earthcaches.  Good luck with that.

Create a series maybe.  Math in one, biology in another...   But most already are covered in the "puzzle" cache type.    :)

Yes, it is a good idea just that it would not attract the audience that I wanted. I bet there would be geocachers very receptive to the idea, but others would not like to have to 'go back to school'. Nor would it make teachers more receptive to Geocaching, as it is a normal cache that only one person can put! For example, it wouldn't have much repercussions if I did it alone! just one more, or two people would join the idea! Mystery caches, even with this theme, would continue to be reviewed by the same volunteer reviewers! We would just have to put the answer there! The idea was to have a volunteer who would make the cache totally receptive to the eyes of young people and teachers, something more 'childish and educational' understand?