WTGG Info

bitbrain

Good Morning!

A small group of local GeoCachers has decided to arrange a Picnic & Caching day for what may come

to be called the West Tennessee GeoCachers Group.

You and your family (spouse, children, significant other, etc...) are invited to join us at the pavilion near Waypoint GC694D on Sunday, July 14. Planned activities are set to take place between 1:00pm and 5:00pm, but you are welcomed to arrive earlier or stay later.

Event Cache Page is at http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=26957

Our current schedule is:

1:00pm to 2:00pm Meet & Mingle. Cook & Eat.

2:00pm to 2:30pm Distribute coordinates for the Event Caches hidden in the park.

2:30pm to 4:30pm Cache In, Trash Out and Kids 'Treasure Hunt'

4:30pm to 5-ish Regroup and present cheesy certificates for special achievements.

Our plans for food and drink are for everyone to bring enough drinks/burgers/hot-dogs/tofu/whatever for their own crew plus one side dish of their choosing to be shared amongst the crowd.

Coordinates for the Parking Area at the gathering place are roughly N35° 08.120 W089° 37.550 (WGS-84) Waypoint: GC694D.

For more details or to have your questions answered, either e-mail me at bitbrain@midsouth.rr.com or post to the WTGG Info topic on 'Geocaching Home » Groundspeak Forums » South and Southeast'.

[This message was edited by bitbrain on June 27, 2002 at 02:31 PM.]

I know West Tennessee Geocachers was just a preliminary suggestion of a name for the group that may form, but looking at the mix of folks who are involved in Geocaching in the area, we may want to consider calling it Mid-South something-or-other rather than West Tennessee.

Maybe even the New Madrid GeoShakers... heh heh heh

Any ideas from the locals?

Looks like we're going to have a good turnout. Goldberry has plotted out a Treasure Hunt for the kids. I believe Rob & I are going to be placing some event caches this week -- coordinates will be distributed on Sunday.

There's been a boom in geocaching activity in the past month -- lots of new cachers out there. ...but who am I to talk about being new? I just started doing this at the end of May...

Hope to see a bunch of you there!

Still looks like we will be there. What side dishes are others bringing?

I guess I could bring some Army MRE's for side dishes icon_biggrin.gif. Wife wants to know about side dishes, Also not being from that area and not knowing that park. Do we need to bring our own charcole? Is there even a grill there? Foil? Cooking fork? I just want to cover all the basics.

Still looks like we will be there. What side dishes are others bringing?

I guess I could bring some Army MRE's for side dishes icon_biggrin.gif. Wife wants to know about side dishes, Also not being from that area and not knowing that park. Do we need to bring our own charcole? Is there even a grill there? Foil? Cooking fork? I just want to cover all the basics.

The park has three or 4 grills around the pavilion. They are the standard State Park type of grill.

I have a 20lb bag of charcoal that I plan to share. We may need a little more than that.

I'll also have some aluminum foil.

Folks might want to bring their own flipper or fork depending on how you feel about sharing that sort of thing.

As for side dishes, I don't have any idea what anyone is bringing. Makes it kind of interesting that way... Bet we don't end up with 12 versions of potato salad, though. icon_wink.gif

- -This river don?t go to Aintry. You done taken a wrong turn.- -

The park has three or 4 grills around the pavilion. They are the standard State Park type of grill.

I have a 20lb bag of charcoal that I plan to share. We may need a little more than that.

I'll also have some aluminum foil.

Folks might want to bring their own flipper or fork depending on how you feel about sharing that sort of thing.

As for side dishes, I don't have any idea what anyone is bringing. Makes it kind of interesting that way... Bet we don't end up with 12 versions of potato salad, though. icon_wink.gif

We had a great time setting up this little gathering. I think it turned out well. It was fun to finally meet some of the other cachers from the area -- and some of the more experienced cachers from Middle Tennessee.

I have some pictures from the gathering posted on the event cache page -- http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=26957

If you took any that are interesting, go ahead and upload them. I know Crystal has a couple of good ones of the Search & Rescue boat. icon_wink.gif

We had a great time setting up this little gathering. I think it turned out well. It was fun to finally meet some of the other cachers from the area -- and some of the more experienced cachers from Middle Tennessee.

I have some pictures from the gathering posted on the event cache page -- http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=26957

If you took any that are interesting, go ahead and upload them. I know Crystal has a couple of good ones of the Search & Rescue boat. icon_wink.gif