[Bug?] Wrong order of finds on the website

werla

Last Sunday I found 6 caches and I logged them in the correct order: Tradi - Mystery - Event - Mystery - Tradi - Multi. However, Groundspeak shows the Event as my first find of the day. I was caching with a friend on Sunday and he has the same problem, the event appears first, although he has found and logged three traditionals and one mystery before the event. Is this a bug and - if yes - how can it be solved?

I started Geocaching in 2011 and have never experienced something like that.

The finds of last Sunday were not that important but if I do a special milestone cache (e.g. as the 5000.) on a special day I would like to rely on the right order of my logs. 

Regards from Berlin!

werla

Edited by werla
  • Helpful 1

And it happened again!:mad: This time with a Community Celebration Event which was my fifth find of yesterday. I logged all nine finds of yesterday in their correct order. However, Groundspeak shows the CC Event as my LAST find of the day. I checked this phenomenon with fellow geocachers, same there.

I would be very grateful if this issue could be fixed as soon as possible, please!

• Upvote 1

Having the same problem, logged two events along the other caches we found with a friend yesterday. I always log caches in order of find, however, one of the events (CC) got placed before four caches logged before that and the second one got placed at the end of the day, even I have found 10 caches after the event. I believe this is related to the latest update, since you are unable to select date of log for events now.

• Helpful 1
4 hours ago, Marška said:

Having the same problem, logged two events along the other caches we found with a friend yesterday. I always log caches in order of find, however, one of the events (CC) got placed before four caches logged before that and the second one got placed at the end of the day, even I have found 10 caches after the event. I believe this is related to the latest update, since you are unable to select date of log for events now.

In the meantime I received an answer to my direct request to the HQ support team:

"Thank you for contacting Geocaching HQ.

We are aware of an issue with logging Events and the order of the logs. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to get this issue resolved soon."

So, let's hope they will fix it soon.?

I updated my request last Sunday by informing the HQ Support team about another maybe interesting detail:

"Your Geocaching Details" where max. 15 logs are shown, shows the correct order of logs! However, "Your Geocaching Logs (All)" shows the wrong order. On Sunday I found 1 CC Event - 1 Traditional - 1 Mystery and the CC Event appeared (again) as my last find of the day in the list "Your Geocaching Logs (All)".

The HQ Support team's answer on Monday was that they hope to have a fix soon.

I didn't log an event this week, so I don't know if the finds are still listed in the wrong order.

• Helpful 1
On 9/3/2020 at 6:01 PM, werla said:

I didn't log an event this week, so I don't know if the finds are still listed in the wrong order.

I tried, and it's still not working... I have some logs on standby because i want to keep the correct order, so I can log the cache of some days only up to the event, and not those I found after that.

Same here, i went for a caching tour with friends yesterday. we visited a community celebration event and i logged the found as fieldnote in a famous geocaching app for android, which name i cant tell.

i wrote the logs at the computer.

later i was surprised, that the order of the event is not correct. i put two screenshots, one is my profile, one is a trackable, where the order of logs is correct as i found the caches.

profile.jpg

tb.jpg

I’m guessing the time is set to noon for the event - which timezone is anyone’s guess. 

Cachly, an iOS 3rd party app, shows the time of the logs for your own logs and it would be easy to confirm. It’s also easy to edit and change the time. Not sure what other official options there are to adjust the time of a submitted log. 

On 9/14/2020 at 1:12 PM, Team DEMP said:

Cachly, an iOS 3rd party app, shows the time of the logs for your own logs and it would be easy to confirm. It’s also easy to edit and change the time. Not sure what other official options there are to adjust the time of a submitted log. 

There are none... but I think that since you cannont change the date of the log anymore for events, probably they canceled the dete/hour data, and its set by default as last found of the day. Did you try to log with cachly?

Yesterday I tried many times to "play" a little with the hour of logs, logging and deleting them to  but it didn't work.

All of this seems to non apply to CCE, only to evwents and CITOs. Also, on the logs page, the order is correct, on the finds list, is not.

Yesterday I logged 20 caches on my computer (the only way I ever log caches) in the order I found them.  I attended a CITO event, found 3 traditionals, then 2 mystery caches, then attended a regular event, followed by 2 more traditionals, an earthcache, and then the rest of them were traditionals.   Everything was in the correct order, except that it moved the regular event as if it were the second cache I logged instead of the 7th.   This seems like a basic feature to put the caches in the order they were logged.  Can someone correct this?

• Helpful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, tomturtle said:

Yesterday I logged 20 caches on my computer (the only way I ever log caches) in the order I found them.  I attended a CITO event, found 3 traditionals, then 2 mystery caches, then attended a regular event, followed by 2 more traditionals, an earthcache, and then the rest of them were traditionals.   Everything was in the correct order, except that it moved the regular event as if it were the second cache I logged instead of the 7th.   This seems like a basic feature to put the caches in the order they were logged.  Can someone correct this?

HQ is aware of this bug. They told they are working on it to fix it... I they'll do it soon because I have some old finds in waiting to log until the bug is fixed :P

Hi there,

I had just asked the support if they can say when this will be fixed, as I also found this problem in my logs, but unfortunately, they can’t give a timeline. I have now found a way to fix it for myself and I think some of you might be interested for their statistics, too ;-) However, this will not solve the problem itself, it just avoids it.

It seems to me that the problem has something to do with the date/time transfer when logging from the fieldnotes on the website. If you load your fieldnotes into GSAK and send your logs via this tool, the problem does not appear.

It is also possible to correct old logs with this method:

Just load the caches of that date into GSAK, sort them in the correct order, add the find date AND time and upload your logs (you need to delete the logs before, of course, as you can’t log a found it twice). That’s it :)

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Sunny-Honey said:

Hi there,

I had just asked the support if they can say when this will be fixed, as I also found this problem in my logs, but unfortunately, they can’t give a timeline. I have now found a way to fix it for myself and I think some of you might be interested for their statistics, too ;-) However, this will not solve the problem itself, it just avoids it.

It seems to me that the problem has something to do with the date/time transfer when logging from the fieldnotes on the website. If you load your fieldnotes into GSAK and send your logs via this tool, the problem does not appear.

Just load the caches of that date into GSAK, sort them in the correct order, add the find date AND time and upload your logs (you need to delete the logs before, of course, as you can’t log a found it twice). That’s it :)

Sounds like I'll have to learn how to use GSAK... :P

18 hours ago, Sunny-Honey said:

Hi there,

It worked!! I'm very grateful to you, i could eventually complete the log I was saving since a few months! Do you know if this works with lab caches too? There are some messin up with one of my milestones...

2 hours ago, ilTozzo said:

It worked!! I'm very grateful to you, i could eventually complete the log I was saving since a few months! Do you know if this works with lab caches too? There are some messin up with one of my milestones...

Hey,

I had not made any labs on these days, so I don't know, sorry. And I never do labs on milestone days as I was afraid they might mess up...

I think this could be difficult, as labs are logged through a separate app. You can load them to GSAK for your find statistics, but yu can't log them with this tool.

But if you now log older caches which you were holding back, this might change your milestones again.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Sunny-Honey said:

Hey,

I had not made any labs on these days, so I don't know, sorry. And I never do labs on milestone days as I was afraid they might mess up...

I think this could be difficult, as labs are logged through a separate app. You can load them to GSAK for your find statistics, but yu can't log them with this tool.

But if you now log older caches which you were holding back, this might change your milestones again.

Thanks. The milestone problem is from one year ago, I had no idea that Labs could mess up stats, I logged them at a mega, Adventure Labs were not a thing yet. I'll try to explore gsak and see if there is some way, if not it's ok, I am already happy to have logged Al the cache I was holding back :D

20 hours ago, ODragon said:

Just a bump for this as it appears to still be borked based on my logging today.

I believe it is. HQ is aware of this since last August but probably they're working on something else. In the past posts someone explained a way of logging them in the correct order using GSAK, I am using it and everything is correct

• Surprised 1

Events started again here, and I attended one last Saturday, and of course found some other caches.

I tried to use GSAK to log everything in the correct order (and it worked perfectly last time I did it) but this time it doesn't work, and the event appears at the beginning of the day. Seems that now even with GSAK it's impossible to log in the correct order :( I hope they will fix it soon.

EDIT: it worked again!

Edited by ilTozzo
  • Upvote 1
  • Funny 3
  • Helpful 1

Update:

It STILL doesn't work on the website!!!!!:(:mad:

I just logged the 10 found caches of yesterday in correct order, the penultimate of which was an event. However, the website put the event in the last position. 

Please, is it possible to fix this bug after more than one year?

Finds3October2021.JPG

• Funny 1
On 1/15/2021 at 1:34 PM, Sunny-Honey said:

Hi there,

I hate it that the solution to every bug is GSAK.

• Upvote 3
  • Funny 1
  • Helpful 1

This is so frustrating. I logged a CITO as my second find of last Saturday. However, the website shows it as my first find of the day.

Is it really so difficult to show people's attended events in the correct order? It worked properly for so many years and since August 2020 logging events became messy.

And nobody at HQ seems to care about it. This was my answer of August 2020 from HQ's support team:

We are aware of an issue with logging Events and the order of the logs. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to get this issue resolved soon."

As I said, this is so frustrating...:(

27November.JPG

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 3
On 11/30/2021 at 12:04 PM, werla said:

And nobody at HQ seems to care about it. This was my answer of August 2020 from HQ's support team:

We are aware of an issue with logging Events and the order of the logs. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to get this issue resolved soon."

As I said, this is so frustrating...:(

I am using GSAK to log when I attend an event, and the order is always correct. Maybe this issues don't bothers too much people and HQ has things to do with higher priority.

• Upvote 1

To no one's surprise, it's still not working.:tired:

Fun fact:

When you click on "Your Geocaching Logs This Month (Max 15 Logs Shown)", the order of finds is correct. (I attended a CITO event last Saturday). However, if you click on "Your Geocaching Logs (All)", the order is wrong and the CITO is falsely placed as the day's last find. Same with "All geocache finds" on my profile. 

@ilTozzo: I'm sure that HQ has things to do with higher priority, but this bug still prevents players who are not using GSAK from attending events on milestone days. I consider this to be a significant mistake.

Your last 15 logs.JPG

Your logs.JPG

My finds.JPG

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 1
On 12/2/2021 at 7:16 PM, ilTozzo said:

Maybe this issues don't bothers too much people and HQ has things to do with higher priority.

I can think of one or two things of less importance that have been worked on since August 2020.

Edited by ChriBli
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Yesterday I found 4 caches and logged all 4 finds on my Android phone before going to an event.  After I got home I logged the event on my Mac running Safari computer; then also edited all the 4 find logs.  Now the event is showing as the 3rd find of the day, not the first, not the last, right in the middle.

Edited by NanCycle
Added Android/Mac/Safari
  • Funny 2
On 8/6/2022 at 4:10 PM, werla said:

Almost-Happy-2nd-Birthday, dear bug!

@Bl4ckH4wkGER or any other competent staff member: Is there a chance to get this fixed (according to what the HQ support wrote in August 2020) and if yes: Will it happen in the forseeable future?

I've been told by a lackey that the problem is solved. I'm exactly about to test it :P

• Funny 1
21 hours ago, ilTozzo said:

I've been told by a lackey that the problem is solved. I'm exactly about to test it :P

Yes, please do that. It would be great news.:)

I can say that on 16th August an event was still sorted incorrectly in my find list.

35 minutes ago, werla said:

I can say that on 16th August an event was still sorted incorrectly in my find list.

I tried to relog some old caches with a different profile, and it worked. I will log the new caches from my holiday trip in the next days... we'll see what happens :D

8 hours ago, werla said:

look at my last finds... i just logged them in that order and they were placed in the correct order! I was told that the bug was fixed on the 19th or 20th, so maybe on the 16th it was still unfixed

• Helpful 1
On 8/27/2022 at 12:55 AM, ilTozzo said:

I was told that the bug was fixed on the 19th or 20th, so maybe on the 16th it was still unfixed

It seems you're right, @ilTozzo! On Sunday I logged an event in between a lot of other cache finds and it has been sorted correctly. Halleluja!:D

• Helpful 2
  • Love 1