OpenStreet Maps - Good for pedestrians walk?

fujitsu

Hello!

Anyone has experience of the use of the openstreetmaps for pedestrian walks, on Garmin devices? I just tried it but it seems not so good for this kind of routes. The route it suggested was more for driving. Maybe the Openstreet Maps are for driving use only (?) or I have to do some kind of configuration

Many thanks

Regards

experience of the use of the openstreet maps for pedestrian walks, on Garmin device? I just tried it but it seems not  

Garmin GPSr can only route the user along paths that are set as routable in the Map data. If the area you were walking only had roads configured as routable, those are the only paths the GPSr has to choose from.

Where were you, and where did you 'think' the GPSr should have routed you for pedestrian walking that it did not?

4 minutes ago, Atlas Cached said:

Garmin GPSr can only route the user along paths that are set as routable in the Map data. If the area you were walking only had roads configured as routable, those are the only paths the GPSr has to choose from.

Where were you, and where did you 'think' the GPSr should have routed you for pedestrian walking that it did not?

Hello!

I tried it on Lisbon, my town. It seems that the route was for car driving because the path that the device chose. It did not choose the direct streets. 

I changed the map for the city navigator Garmin map and the route was more suitable for walking.

Why am I using OpenStreetMap? Well my Garmin map it's a bit old and it is expensive to get a recent one so I was trying the OpenStreetMap to see how suitable it was for my use

many thanks

regards