How do I set up a virtual geocache

barneygreen

3 hours ago, barneygreen said:

I have made a puzzle that I would like to set up as a virtual geocache. How do I do this?

Did you get a "virtual reward"? If not, forget it, virtuals are no longer allowed.. ....

Any reason you don't want to place a container?

Edited by on4bam
  • Helpful 1
3 hours ago, barneygreen said:

I have made a puzzle that I would like to set up as a virtual geocache. How do I do this?

You have only found three caches; none of which have been puzzle caches. You have no experience. Go find some more caches and just enjoy finding caches, to find what it is about, and whether the game is really for you, and that you will be still in the game to look after any caches that you place and publish. I don't understand the rush to place a cache, after only three finds.

• Upvote 2
  • Helpful 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Goldenwattle said:

You have only found three caches

Ooops.. didn't check the profile.

@barneygreen 3 traditional finds is way to little to place a cache. Find some more, find some multi's, solve/find some mysteries, find some virtuals, find some higher D rated caches. And don't forget to read up on the guidelines.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
13 hours ago, barneygreen said:

Last time "grandfathered" Virtual cache types were allowed, they were "Rewarded"  (I feel actually "awarded"...) to people by Geocaching.com HQ.

You missed the time frame for that one.    Introducing Virtual Rewards.   ;)

Like others, maybe it'd be a good idea to actually see what a Virtual cache is first, in case you qualify the next time.    :)

Basic members can view Virtual, Puzzles,  and other cache types, as well as all D/T combinations by using the website.