Delete a photo

Flamazn

20 minutes ago, Flamazn said:

How do I delete a photo from the geocaching.com/gallery  page.

I accidentally put a travel bug picture on my travel bug and it shows the number... now everyone and their geo-pup are virtual logging the bug!

On the TB page just above the logs is a gallery image you can edit and delete. if the pic is on a geocaching log then just click on the photo in the log to edit it and delete it.

That's the best you can do. Once the number is posted, it's out there forever. This forum discussion might help: 

Edited by Max and 99
17 hours ago, Flamazn said:

How do I delete a photo from the geocaching.com/gallery  page.

I accidentally put a travel bug picture on my travel bug and it shows the number... now everyone and their geo-pup are virtual logging the bug!

You're talking about the trackable code, and not it's Reference number.  Some reason a lot of people still call it a number...

Like Max and 99 said, once that code's out, it's out.  You can't delete the internet.  :)    

Best you can hope for is few notice after you delete your error.  Or, just let it go. 

It's acceptable for virtual trackables to be out if the owner's okay with it. 

- In fact an important one is scheduled to appear to all sometime in February of next year, and it's through Geocaching HQ..

I find trackable codes scattered all over the internet,  two just a short while ago while researching space travel.  

On 8/19/2020 at 3:40 AM, cerberus1 said:

It's acceptable for virtual trackables to be out if the owner's okay with it.

Is there any particular process for setting this up, other than just putting "share the code, everyone log it" in the description? I had thought about doing this, though I prefer to get my physical hitch hikers out there rather than a virtual.

7 hours ago, Unit473L said:

Is there any particular process for setting this up, other than just putting "share the code, everyone log it" in the description? I had thought about doing this, though I prefer to get my physical hitch hikers out there rather than a virtual.

Nope.  Most I've seen had the trackable's photo with the code showing, and a note (in bold mostly) saying it is virtual logging too.

The one's that don't mention it, similar to the OP,  I say where I saw it just in case they're interested to know where it's coming from.  :)