View all logs and notes on one page

SamLowrey

I'm trying to re-trace my steps and find some caches I found about 10 years ago.  They may be archived.  I kinda remember what I said in the logs or notes.  So if I could just see a page that had all the things I posted in logs or notes in one page then I could find it with CTRL-F or just scanning it.  Is that possible?  I can find is a list of all the caches and then I have to click on each one and then scroll back.

Edited by SamLowrey
42 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

You could do a "My Finds" Pocket Query. It'll have a single GPX text file with all your find logs in it. Load that into a text editor and find away.

I somehow suspected someone would say "pocket query."  I've never really messed around with them but I guess this is the time to finally learn about it.  Thanks.

43 minutes ago, RuideAlmeida said:

You can see all the caches with your logs here... but then you will need to look on View Logbook / Your Logs, inside each cache. Probably not what you wish...

Yeah, that is as far as I was able to get.  I thought there might be a way to display it with just one posting of mine after another with the content.  I will try the pocket query as the person above suggested, I guess.

1 hour ago, van der Decken said:

You could do a "My Finds" Pocket Query. It'll have a single GPX text file with all your find logs in it. Load that into a text editor and find away.

I did that but after comparing with the web view it doesn't seem to be picking up archived caches.  And it doesn't include notes and I don't see a way to include them.  Oh, well.  I guess I will just have to do it manually because this is driving me crazy....

3 minutes ago, TmdAndGG said:

I think you can use GSAK. Try this I found it on a related thread. I'm about to test it out.

https://gsak.net/board/index.php?showtopic=23051&st=0&#entry170597

Thanks.  Good to know.  Will it pull in archived caches and notes?  

I finally tracked down what I was looking for.  Since I don't have that many finds it isn't too bad but this kind of searching may come in handy one day.

https://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=147cb2e3-f620-4aac-b706-96cbee56a917

6 minutes ago, SamLowrey said:

Thanks.  Good to know.  Will it pull in archived caches and notes?  

I think it gets every single log you've ever posted. I'm still trying to get it to work... GSAK is quite a learning curve from what I've heard, and it's my first time using it. Glad you found what you were looking for!

56 minutes ago, SamLowrey said:

I did that but after comparing with the web view it doesn't seem to be picking up archived caches.  And it doesn't include notes and I don't see a way to include them.  Oh, well.  I guess I will just have to do it manually because this is driving me crazy....

May be too late now, but...

The 'My Finds' PQ does include every cache you've found (including those that have been archived), and all of the logs that you've written on those caches (including any DNFs, Write Notes, etc.).

Were you trying to get this info through a PQ that you created?  'My Finds' is pre-defined and has it's own section on the Pocket Queries page.

Capture.JPG.5d7f38fe86034f8eb5ff3f7b0fd6d08d.JPG

• Helpful 2
1 hour ago, IceColdUK said:

The 'My Finds' PQ does include every cache you've found (including those that have been archived), and all of the logs that you've written on those caches (including any DNFs, Write Notes, etc.).

Were you trying to get this info through a PQ that you created?  'My Finds' is pre-defined and has it's own section on the Pocket Queries page.

Thank you for answering that.  Yes, I build a query.  I will try using the builtin one to see if I get a different result. 

Edited by SamLowrey
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, IceColdUK said:

25 minutes ago, Keystone said:

Yes, you will get a different result.  Archived caches are ONLY included in a My Finds pocket query - not in a regular pocket query.

If you need to search through note logs on caches that you have not found, these will not be in your "My Finds" query.  Instead, use this link and check them out one at a time.

Thanks, all.  I ran that pre-built query and it included the archived caches whereas my custom one did not.  Good to know! 

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, IceColdUK said:

I'm not sure if you receive also all notes and DNFs on your found caches but you definitely do not receive DNFs, Notes, NMs, NAs on caches you never found and it takes a GSAK-Marko if you want to retrieve those texts to search within or to use the mentioned GSAK-Macro to print out a true diary of your logs.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Hynz said:
13 hours ago, IceColdUK said:

I'm not sure if you receive also all notes and DNFs on your found caches but you definitely do not receive DNFs, Notes, NMs, NAs on caches you never found and it takes a GSAK-Marko if you want to retrieve those texts to search within or to use the mentioned GSAK-Macro to print out a true diary of your logs.

Yes, the My Finds PQ does include every other log you left on a given cache page - IF you found the cache. And correct, if you have not found a cache, any notes, DNFs, or other logs you left on that cache would not show up in the My Finds PQ. (It is, after all, the "My Finds" pocket query, not the "Every log I ever wrote" pocket query.)