Religious Buildings Category Question

I've encountered a few religious buildings that I can't figure out into what category they would fit.  I am specifically thinking of a few nice college/university chapels that are inter-faith or non-sectarian, meaning they allow various religious groups to use them for services.  I thought these might fit into the Religious Buildings Multifarious category, but when reading the category description, it seems that these would be excluded.  Does anyone know of another category into which this type of chapel would fit?  

Thanks for your help!

Edited by jonathanatpsu
  • Upvote 1

One example of what I am referring to is the beautiful Heinz Memorial Chapel at the University of Pittsburgh (https://www.heinzchapel.pitt.edu/).  According to the website, "The chapel, by design, is non-sectarian. No clergy are directly assigned to the chapel. For weddings, memorial, funeral and baptismal services, all clergy are welcome, as are civil officiants.  Any clergy affiliated with the University of Pittsburgh Association of Chaplaincies may request the opportunity to hold service at the Chapel."

As with the cases mentioned above: Does this chapel have regularly held religious services and located on a college or university campus? Is it inter-faith and/or non-denominational?

If you can answer yes to both of these questions and you can provide a web source that verifies these regularly held religious services, then submit them to the RBM (Religious Buildings Multifarious).

Your submission is not guaranteed that it will be approved, however we will consider each submission based on its own merits and adherence to all requirements, as with these chapels the web source is required that verifies these regularly held religious services.

If you have a specific question you can contact me via my profile, provide a link to the chapel. 

Barb 

Barb,   Thank you for that information.  One question I still have is that in the category description, it says that one type of buildings that are excluded from the category are, "Buildings that are shared with other religious groups for the primary purpose of conducting a religious service on alternating days or times."  The chapel that I mentioned above does have regularly held religious services, but they are different denominations.  They have a weekly Lutheran service, and also a weekly non-denominational service.  Am I correct in assuming that it is thus disqualified from this category?  

1 hour ago, jonathanatpsu said:

One question I still have is that in the category description, it says that one type of buildings that are excluded from the category are, "Buildings that are shared with other religious groups for the primary purpose of conducting a religious service on alternating days or times." 

Yes, this was my oversight. 

I am not going to re-write the category, unfortunately I will have to change my decision to unacceptable. 

• Surprised 1