Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
keksbande

Question about new icons

Recommended Posts

With the newest version of the app there are now two different icons for unfinished labs on the map view. One with an empty circle and the other one with a kind of star inside. Does anybody know what the difference is?

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

I just looked now. I cannot find 2 different icons for unfinished AdLabs. Clarification please?:) 

I was thinking the one with the star might have been yours, but then I saw you don't own any.

Edited by TmdAndGG

Share this post


Link to post

The "star" icon (looks more like a badge) is for LabCaches released within the last 30 days (ie: new ones). The icon seems not to be very self explaining.

 

Hans

Share this post


Link to post

The new icon might be good, but

- the finished adventures should be in very light green - or grey as before

- the unfinished adventures should have a sign or better - another colour

 

- it should be possible to fade out the finished - in the city it's quite hard to find the new ones

- it should be possible to get an icon on the map of geocaching.com to see, where also a labcache is placed

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/18/2020 at 10:04 AM, Etaner7 said:

The new icon might be good, but

- the finished adventures should be in very light green - or grey as before

- the unfinished adventures should have a sign or better - another colour

 

- it should be possible to fade out the finished - in the city it's quite hard to find the new ones

- it should be possible to get an icon on the map of geocaching.com to see, where also a labcache is placed

 

 

I agree with your 3 first points but not with the last one. ALCs should be kept apart just as waymarks are. 

Differnt games, diffents apps, differnents counters.

Share this post


Link to post

On my map I have one grey icon with something whick looks like an eye with a bar drawned on it.

 

I was told it was because I tested it but I've never saw that lab before.

 

Anyone has seen one on his map?

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, Laval K-9 said:

On my map I have one grey icon with something whick looks like an eye with a bar drawned on it.

 

I was told it was because I tested it but I've never saw that lab before.

 

Anyone has seen one on his map?

 

Thanks!

I think that's the Private icon. ?

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Laval K-9 said:

 

And what would it mean?

Only people with the link can play The Adventure lab. If you are an organization you can send out the link to just your employees. If you want to have a private party you can send out the link to your friends. 😁

That has me wondering, and I'm sure it's in the adventure lab rules somewhere, but when you are awarded an AL credit by Groundspeak are you required to make it public? Just curious. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Max and 99 said:

Only people with the link can play The Adventure lab. If you are an organization you can send out the link to just your employees. If you want to have a private party you can send out the link to your friends. 😁

That has me wondering, and I'm sure it's in the adventure lab rules somewhere, but when you are awarded an AL credit by Groundspeak are you required to make it public? Just curious. 

 

Yep, you're right. From the Builder guide:

 

image.png.ea8ffb892d71013896763648b5facbe7.png

The note at the bottom appears to rule out leaving an AL set to Private without written permission.

Share this post


Link to post

Has anyone an idea of why "Private" mode exists at this point in time?

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, ecanderson said:

Has anyone an idea of why "Private" mode exists at this point in time?

 

The only thing I can think of is for your friend to get first to find on the adventure lab, before it goes public. ,😁

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, Laval K-9 said:

On my map I have one grey icon with something whick looks like an eye with a bar drawned on it.

 

I was told it was because I tested it but I've never saw that lab before.

 

Anyone has seen one on his map?

 

Thanks!

 

Got the same icon on my Android Adventure Lab App.

 

1005486184_Nouveaupointeur.jpg.9dd881bf46d8a785b09ae6e7aa10f258.jpg

 

I have no idea what this icon means.

 

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, OusKonNé & Cétyla said:

 

Got the same icon on my Android Adventure Lab App.

 

1005486184_Nouveaupointeur.jpg.9dd881bf46d8a785b09ae6e7aa10f258.jpg

 

I have no idea what this icon means.

 

At this spot I found an adventure from Jalpine. Did that CO send you a link to test it?

 

Because on my app I see the usual icon for New adventure.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Lynx Humble said:

At this spot I found an adventure from Jalpine. Did that CO send you a link to test it?

 

No, Brompton is not in my area and I don't know this geocacher.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

×
×
  • Create New...