Dallas: visiting soon, any suggestions?

RPW

Hello all.

My wife is going to a conference in Dallas the week of May 12-16, 2003 and I will be tagging along. Naturally I plan on tracking down as many caches as I can -- subject to the limitations of public transportation. But undoubtedly there are some interesting places in Dallas that do not have caches. Does anyone have recommendations of places to visit? To stay away from?

Thanks in advance!

-- Rick

quote:
subject to the limitations of public transportation

Well the last time I checked Dallas didn't have any public transportation. Not awhole lot else to do either. Maybe go to the Dairy Queen for some ice cream. You can always check out the town's first (and only) cache HERE.

You are talking about Dallas, North Carolina - right? icon_biggrin.gif Sorry, couldn't resist

Eswau

Dallas NC - Born and Raised (well not exactly born there, since we don't have a hospital)

You didn't mention what type of things you wanted to visit in Dallas, but I'm assuming that since you like geocaching that you like the outdoors. You might want to visit Fair Park and walk around the grounds and the museums. If you like the music scene, Deep Ellum has several clubs and bars all within walking distance once you get there. If you don't like music and tattoos then definitely don't do Deep Ellum.

I am back from my visit to Dallas. While I never got to Deep Ellum I did manage to make it to Fair park. There wasn't a whole bunch going on but I did enjoy wandering around and visiting some of the exhibits. The mammoth was fun to stand next too. Much bigger than a modern day elephant.

Thanks for the suggestions.

-- Rick