Satellte map showing extra icon

Max and 99

I'm not quite ready to put this in the bug thread. Looking for a logical explanation that I'm missing.

When I am on the geocaching map, everything looks fine. But on satellite view, the icon doubles when I click on a nearby cache. I can't figure out why.

I think I'm missing an obvious explanation.

North X screen 1.png

North X screen 2.png

I can confirm this happens on the website, Search map, satellite view.  It doesn't happen anywhere else that I can see - not on the app or the browse map, just Search map, and satellite view.

Highlight a cache for the left side panel info - then hover your mouse over ANY other cache, and it's icon shows up next to the highlighted one, with either a smilie, frownie, or it's own icon (if not fpound yet) depending on what cache type it is.

Interesting.  Screenshots with my mouse hovering over three caches - owned, unfound, and found near me.  You can't see the mouse pointer but you cansee the results of the icon and cache name showing up in the same spot next to the selected cache (Ritchie Rich, in this case).

image.png.0be6b04b8443877dc61bc4040ba784af.png

image.png.1f4b73ecad8c7ddcf721769443c72f02.png

image.png.a7ef7ee913ea3f5798c93f1111272505.png

image.png.3e177ca1332e11f0b6f108426b5c3d92.png

55 minutes ago, CAVinoGal said:

Yes, I can confirm this too - something to do with the Google maps?

Well then why would this only happen with the search map? I say this is a bug with the slow, glitchy search map (You can tell I don't like it very much:anibad:) and should be put as a bug report.

Edited by TmdAndGG
47 minutes ago, TmdAndGG said:

I say this is a bug with the slow, glitchy search map (You can tell I don't like it very much:anibad:)

I don't normally use the Search map, I just pulled it up for this thread, to test and do the screen shots.  I never would have known of this "bug" with my usual website usage - I always go to the browse map!  The Search map just seems so .... clunky - I much prefer the browse map.

• Upvote 2