Adventure Lab app - zooming and scrolling difficulties

miaux

2 minutes ago, miaux said:

Does anyone else have problems zooming and scrolling the map in the Adventure Lab app?  It is slow and often does not work.  The map in the Geocaching app works fine.

I have definitely noticed this lately and it's so frustrating. Zooming is so bad for me right now on the app. 

On 8/12/2020 at 5:51 PM, miaux said:

Does anyone else have problems zooming and scrolling the map in the Adventure Lab app?  It is slow and often does not work.  The map in the Geocaching app works fine.

I see this as well. I attribute it to a combination of my somewhat old (and slow) smartphone, and bad programming in the AL app (because other map-based apps don't have the issue).

Usually, scrolling/zooming works reasonably well after I launched the app, and then starts to "degrade". When it becomes unusable, I kill the app and launch it again.

6 hours ago, baer2006 said:

I see this as well. I attribute it to a combination of my somewhat old (and slow) smartphone, and bad programming in the AL app (because other map-based apps don't have the issue).

Usually, scrolling/zooming works reasonably well after I launched the app, and then starts to "degrade". When it becomes unusable, I kill the app and launch it again.

I'm going to try that. My zoom is ridiculously ineffective.

Logging out and back in or restarting the app does not improve the behavior for me, unfortunately.

Scrolling and zooming in the map when the internet connection is turned off and no Lab Caches are visible works fine, so that is a usable workaround if I already know where one is.

This has only gotten worse as the number of Adventure Labs in my area increases.

The app now regularly crashes while navigating the map.

My phone is not the newest or fastest, but other similar apps (including the official Geocaching app!) have no such problems.

• Upvote 1