Another Garmin Oregon 700 Issue

Is it a problem with the unit or a problem with the Geocaching website?  Tried downloading my PQ of unfound caches by wi-fi, and the download failed.  3 times.  I have done that successfully in the past. So, then did the old way and downloaded the PQ and dragged it in the GPX files (after deleting the old files and emptying the trash).  While that worked, it also loaded caches I've found (from years ago) and I've only had the unit for a couple of months.  My PQ clearly is set for caches I haven't found, I don't own, and are enabled.  In the PQ list itself on my laptop, no old caches are listed.  So, why are they showing up on the GPSr?

Any ideas?

14 hours ago, Atlas Cached said:

You clearly added the found caches somehow, but you will have to figure out where that happened. The GPSr is not capable of doing that on its own....

The only way that could have happened is if I loaded the "my finds" PQ, which I haven't.  That only gets loaded into GSAK.  Also, it is not show all of my finds, just some of them.  

2 minutes ago, GrateBear said:

The only way that could have happened is if I loaded the "my finds" PQ, which I haven't.  That only gets loaded into GSAK.  Also, it is not show all of my finds, just some of them.  

Did you ever load your GPSr with GSAK? If so: Have a look into the GZZ folder and empty its content. Also check the POI folder and check for Found gpi files. Delete them as well.

Hans

6 hours ago, HHL said:

You might have set the LiveMap to active? The LiveMap does have its own filter settings. Finds may come through that way. ;-)

Hans

How can that be set so it's not active?  What's odd is that the found caches nearby are from years ago (one from 2012), while those further away are recent finds.  

2 minutes ago, HHL said:

Did you ever load your GPSr with GSAK? If so: Have a look into the GZZ folder and empty its content. Also check the POI folder and check for Found gpi files. Delete them as well.

Hans

No, but I'll check on those and see what's in there.  Will let you know.  Thanks.

40 minutes ago, GrateBear said:

If your Oregon 7x0 is displaying any of your found geocaches in the Geocache page (map or list), it is because you have loaded those files to the device. You need to find out where, why, and when that happened so you can correct it.

7 hours ago, HHL said:

You might have set the LiveMap to active? The LiveMap does have its own filter settings. Finds may come through that way. ;-)

Hans

Ok, just clicked to "remove live data" and all nearby caches have disappeared.  Now it's showing unfound caches from 12 to 125 miles away, that I have never had in a PQ.  This unit is without a doubt the weirdest one I have ever owned!

1 hour ago, HHL said:

It also might happened that you inadvertently overseen to check "not found by me" in one (or more) of your PQs. Please check that as well. ;-)

Hans

After I turned off live caching, I did the wifi download.  It worked this time, and no old found caches are showing.  So, using your ideas, got it to work ok.  Thanks very much!

• Upvote 1