Not Receiving Geocaching Notifications

Denali41

Beginning in late July I stopped receiving any information from Geocaching.com, including the weekly "The Logbook"; announcements of new caches published in my area out to 50 miles from my home coordinates; notification of logs of any type on the 300+ caches I own; Geocaching Messages; pocket queries to my computer;  Reviewer notes on my cache pages. I've checked my computer and iPhone and do NOT have geocaching.com blocked in any way.  Can you suggest how I can get back into the information loop? Thanks.

Your email/internet provider may have blocked communication from geocaching.com as spam.  Try adding a second email address to your Geocaching account, from a different domain. (Gmail is free) If you get geocaching email on the new address, that will verify the block from your primary email supplier.

14 hours ago, Denali41 said:

Thanks for the suggestion.  We have thought about doing that.  We did look at our ISP site and reviewed all the blocked addresses yesterday.  But we will try the Gmail route as you suggest..

Steve -

Nice that you are able to do that.  Who is your ISP?

As to the addresses to be checking:

For notification emails, the forum member have been seeing 63.251.163.224, 63.251.163.225, 63.251.163.228, 63.251.163.229

The newsletter seems to come from 198.245.80.76

Thanks, Chris.  Our ISP is Rise Broadband.  I will try to figure out how to use the address notification numbers you are providing me.  Again, thanks for your suggestions/assistance. This is pretty frustrating after 15 years having no issues! And of course I do not get replies to this forum thread even though I have checked the "Notify me of replies" box--so I need to log on and look at the forum occasionally. Need to set up a Gmail account today.

Unclear now what you meant about "reviewed all the blocked addresses yesterday".  Sounded as though Rise had some kind of blacklist posted for users to review.

If not, and you're in the mood to give them a call, asking about those 5 IP addresses should either get a thumbs up or down from them regarding any issues of reputation from gc.com.

Thanks to K13 and ecanderson for assistance.  I've opened a Gmail account/email dedicated to geocaching.com and am finally getting notifications--the first ones since July 27th.  Yes, Chris, Rise Broadband has a listing of blocked email addresses.  After I unblocked several of them it still did not resolve the problem.  But the new Gmail account appears to resolve this.  I can't get geocaching.com notifications and messages on my standard email address but I'm getting them through the new Gmail account.  Help me get further confirmation by sending me a geocaching Message so I have an additional test.  Thanks.

• Upvote 1