short description

pmaupin

15 minutes ago, pmaupin said:

I am a little disappointed with some new waymarks, in the short description there are only two or three words, it really does not look good to go see the rest. What do you think?

I hate to say this but it's an improvement over the blank description boxes. ?

Not much though. I haven't seen the ones with two or three words yet. 

Although new to the Waymarking game,  it seems to me the short description should be a "teaser"; if that catches your attention then you explore further and get the full description and details in the long description.  For the few waymarks I've created and had published, that's how I've approached using the short and long descriptions.  A couple of sentences in the short descriiption highlighting the waymark, why it is "special" if you will - then a lot more info in the long description.  Just my take, but I am new to the game...

Edited by CAVinoGal
Typo corrections
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, CAVinoGal said:

Although new to the Waymarking game,  it seems to me the short description should be a "teaser"; if that catches your attention then you explore further and get the full description and details in the long description.  For the few waymarks I've created and had published, that's how I've approached using the short and long descriptions.  A couple of sentences in the short descriiption highlighting the waymark, why it is "special" if you will - then a lot more info in the long description.  Just my take, but I am new to the game...

Indeed this is how it should be done, and not like some new waymarkers, which only put 2 or 3 words (most of the time, those in the title)