Not receiving any e-mail from Groundspeak products

RakeInTheCache

It's been a long time since I've perused this forum.  Has anybody else been having problems receiving e-mail from Groundspeak products (Geocaching/Waymarking).   Any tips on how to resolve this?  I can't figure out if the problem is on the Groundspeak side or on my e-mail provider's side.

Thanks if you can help.

My problem started in late July when Groundspeak communication started being sent to my spam folder. I whitelisted the addresses but then stopped receiving any Groundspeak e-mail even in my spam folder. I checked with provider that they hadn't blocked e-mail from the Groundspeak IPs and no problem there. I reached out to bootron and for a short time started to receive e-mail again, and then nothing. Bootron didn't say if he had changed anything.

On 8/8/2020 at 12:52 PM, RakeInTheCache said:

I don't know why I didn't think of this before.  I just switched my e-mail address in my Groundspeak profile and everything works perfectly.  This is definitely a problem with my provider.

Don't be too quick to blame your provider.  Your provider's server may have a good reason for treating Groundspeak emails with disdain.  It's necessary to inspect the actual interaction between the Groundspeak mail server and that of your ISP to be certain of the cause.  ISPs will throttle or reject emails from sources with 'reputation' issues.  I've talked about this before in some of the other similar threads, but to avoid a TON of typing, I am pointing to information related to this kind of problem that goes into decent detail >> https://maildocker.com/blog/blacklist-check-avoid-bad-email-reputation/

Read the section titled "Email reputation: why does it matter?"

Since I'm not currently encountering this problem, I can only speak from past history (several years back) where my ISP was bouncing back all Groundspeak mail due to reputation issues.  It happened.  It could be happening again.  Groundspeak never comments on their procedures to keep their mailing lists clean, and you never know when your ISP might reach a tolerance threshold and stop delivering mail from a particular source.  Contacting your ISP with the Groundspeak email server IP addresses is the best way to find out if this issue exists for your particular case.  It required dialogue with both Groundspeak and my ISP to get this resolved for my particular case.   SOMEWHERE in one of the threads concerning this issue some months back, I saw the list of Groundspeak's email server addresses.  Not sure if it would be harder to find that or look back through a bunch of emails to try to locate them -- more than one involved.

For notification emails, the only ones I can come up with quickly are

63.251.163.228 and

but I'd have them look at anything in the 63.251.163.xxx block.

The newsletter seems to come from 198.245.80.76

1 hour ago, ecanderson said:

For notification emails, the only ones I can come up with quickly are

63.251.163.228 and

but I'd have them look at anything in the 63.251.163.xxx block.

The newsletter seems to come from 198.245.80.76

So far I've seen 4 different IP addresses on notification mails (new caches, PQs, forum.... )

Received: from mail01.Groundspeak.com (mail01.Groundspeak.com [63.251.163.224])

Received: from mail02.Groundspeak.com (mail02.Groundspeak.com [63.251.163.225])

Received: from mail03.Groundspeak.com (mail03.Groundspeak.com [63.251.163.228])

Received: from mail04.Groundspeak.com (mail04.Groundspeak.com [63.251.163.229])

When I don't receive notifications I can see they are not rejected of filtered any other way on my mailserver (postfix/spamassasin). I can only assume they are not send by GC.