Adding Found Time To Logs

Is there a way to automatically add the time to the Found comments?

Example: When the Log button on the cache page is tapped, add the current time to the first line of the log. I like to see times between finds when on a cache run. The type of Log, Found, or DNF doesn't matter I would like to be able to automatically add the time.

Thanks!

In the app, no, I don't believe there is a way. When caching with my phone and the app, I'm in the habit of checking the time on my phone, and noting that in my draft, and the draft is also time-stamped at the time I create it.  But to have that automatically put in as part of your log, I believe you need to do that manually.

Using my GPS (Etrex 30x) I can log caches as Found in the field, import the caches for the day into GSAK, and create my logs with Find count and Timestamp added with template code.  Then edit to add my own personal notes in the log before publishing to geocaching.com.

1 hour ago, N8OFP - Del said:

Is there a way to automatically add the time to the Found comments?

I've used API partner apps that have had a log template system that (among many other things) could include the current time in a log (or field note draft) automatically. Alas, the API changed and the apps were not updated accordingly, so these apps don't work any more. But other API partner apps may have a similar log template system.

Use the app to log Drafts (instead of an instant log) when in the field. Drafts contain the log time (in UTC).

Back home: Use an API partner app like GSAK. Fetch the Drafts from Groundspeak (there is a macro that will do it) and create your individual logs. Then do your logging with the API partner app.

Hans

NB: FetchFromDrafts (click here)

Edited by HHL
Added link to macro