How long to 'publish' an Adventure Lab?

JohnCNA

When I turn on the "Public" switch, does my Adventure Lab show up and be playable right away, or is there a delay while it is reviewed first, like a new geocache?

A group of us are creating related Adventure Labs and want to 'publish' at the same time, so I'm wondering about the time lines and/or delays involved.

1 hour ago, JohnCNA said:

When I turn on the "Public" switch, does my Adventure Lab show up and be playable right away, or is there a delay while it is reviewed first, like a new geocache?

A group of us are creating related Adventure Labs and want to 'publish' at the same time, so I'm wondering about the time lines and/or delays involved.

I believe it is live immediately. Best to wait for someone more experienced to confirm this. What a great idea to coordinate with others on them going live!

• Helpful 2

Hi all, 

Great question: "When I turn on the "Public" switch, does my Adventure Lab show up and be playable right away, or is there a delay"? 

In the Adventure Lab builder, when you set your Adventure to 'Public' (read: ON), it is immediately live and players can find your Adventure in the Adventure Lab app. 

For those wishing to time it with a bonus Mystery Cache, you may ask your Reviewer about planning a day/time for your cache to be published, and you can then set your Adventure 'Public' accordingly. 

I hope this helps, and enjoy creating your Adventure!

• Helpful 1
1 hour ago, Geo-Jeddak said:

I was als wondering this. I just created my first adventure lab in Hilversum. A friend confirmed he could see it in the app, so it is live, but on my Geocaching.com profile page, I don't see any lab caches under "Geocaches Owned". How long does it take for this to be updated?

Check again after the lab is found. Maybe?

1 hour ago, Geo-Jeddak said:

I was als wondering this. I just created my first adventure lab in Hilversum. A friend confirmed he could see it in the app, so it is live, but on my Geocaching.com profile page, I don't see any lab caches under "Geocaches Owned". How long does it take for this to be updated?

It won't show in your profile as an owned cache. As far as I know, the only place that it shows you being the owner is in the Adventure Lab app or the lab creation page.